You needed me

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
honka

You needed me

Postby honka » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:29 pm

A beautiful song by Anne Murray. Enjoy

Comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for viewing.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5175&alb=0

Re: You needed me

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi honka, yes it is a beautiful song and I enjoyed your show, one thing bothered me was the lyrics to the song, I was very distracted by them, trying to read them and look at the photo at the same time..just my opinion, I don't think they add much to the show..
thank you for sharing :D
Chrissy

Postby tomdavis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Loved the show. Of course I always did like Ann Murray. Have several of her albums. By the way, what is she doing these days? Is she still performing or hidden away in Canada?

Tom

iristocrat

Postby iristocrat » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 pm

That was a well done show, timed just right, and I am thankful i can hear the song. But for the deaf, this is a good example of telling the song with pictures...you matched them up well with the words on the screen. Good job.
Larry

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Oh...you know, I didn't think about playing it for a deaf person...and I had a deaf brother...I just wasn't thinking about that.... :oops:
Chrissy

Postby Jerry Cole » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi honka,
You are not far off with this concept ... I think just a bit of tweaking with the placement and readability of the captions would make a world of difference. When one must strain to read the words, they become distracting. Also placement closer to the images center of interest would also unify the words and images.

Keep going in this direction. Some never understand the unifying of music and image. You get it!
Thanks for posting,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Jerry, you said what I wanted to, but it didn't come out right....thank you! very well said..
Chrissy :)

Postby HunnyB » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 pm

No one has said that this is a show for the deaf. And even if it is, it is way too hard to follow. The color and size needs some tweaking IMHO. I like the concept and song and images. Very good. Maybe keep an image on the screen with 2 lines of lyrics showing. You are certainly headed in the right direction with this. Great show. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi Honka,
I enjoyed your show. It is very clever and I loved the way you matched the photos to the lyrics of the song. What a great idea.I agree with HunnyB about the text colour and size. I was able to follow the lyrics O.K. but then I am a great Ann Murray fan and a lot of her CDs are on my rack!

Thanks for sharing and for the concept.

Rosemary

Postby Deb » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree with what every has said so far - I think what distracted me the most is the 'fly-in' effect that you used for the words. If they were all there, the captions would not be so distracting and one would be able to read the captions and have time to look at the picture without having to wait for the words to come up. What you could perhaps try - if you have the time and patience - is to have the lyrics come up like they do in karaoke ie have the whole line up and have the words change colour as they are sung. I did something similar in one of my slideshows - I made each word a separate layer in the captions which meant I could control when each word appeared (I did not use pictures for this part of the slideshow) - I guess you could do the same thing and adjust the colour of each word when it was being sung ....... I only did it for ONE line of the song so it was pretty easy .... a whole song???? YEEK!!

I really liked the images that you used and of course, the song was great!!! :D

honka

Postby honka » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi to all,

Thank you very much for all your comments, it is really appreciated and of great help. This will allow me to get better for my next show.
I am glad you enjoyed this show.

Cheers,

Honka

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback