Five AR Waterfalls

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Raymond Bradley

Five AR Waterfalls

Postby Raymond Bradley » Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 am

It has been a long time since my last show but I have been lurking.

Less than a minute

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2097&alb=0

Valued Member

Re: Five AR Waterfalls

Postby mfalco » Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 am

I really liked this show. I just wish it was longer. Thanks for sharing.

Marty

Postby tomdavis » Tue May 26, 2009 9:11 am

Nice show........... could have been longer!!!

Tom

Postby Jerry Cole » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi Raymond,
This is a good start. Why not add a bit to it with a couple of "bells and whistles" for a really nice show? Maybe tweak the captions a bit so that they have better contrast and are easier to read. You might try drop shadows or outlines to make them stand out a bit better.

Thanks for posting, I had no idea that Arkansas had such waterfalls.
Peace,
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby sheldonk » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Ray,

Those water falls make for really good subjects. If you go out early in the morning, and put your camera on a tripod, you can photograph them with a long exposure. The idea is to make the water look silky. Here is a link to a photo to show you what I mean.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/32/62970 ... fa4b_o.jpg

I also use a neutral density filter to cut tdown the light entering the camera and increase the exposure.

Thanks for sharing your show! I enjoyred it. I've been thinking about making a water fall show. I have dozens of pictures like the one above.

Sheldon

Raymond Bradley

Postby Raymond Bradley » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:03 am

Thanks for the comments.

To Tom and Marty: Here are my excuses for the short comings of this show. I am old and have COPD. If I should fall I might need help getting up so scrambling around for better vantage points doesn't seem prudent. My wife is in worse physical shape than I am and sees no reason to own a camera except for shots of our grandsons. She is impatiently waiting in the car. I used every shot I have.

To Jerry: Arkansas has the Ouachitas and Ozarks. Both ranges are like me, old and worn down. Yosemite Falls drops about 2400 feet. The highest poet in AR is about 2700 feet so we have no spectacular falls fed by large lakes or glaciers. Arkansas’ falls are not mentioned much in the tourist brochures.

To Sheldon: There are two schools of thought on waterfall photography. I prefer realism to artistic. If I was trying to sell a picture I would go for the long exposure.

Raymond

Postby sheldonk » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Raymond Bradley wrote:To Sheldon: There are two schools of thought on waterfall photography. I prefer realism to artistic. If I was trying to sell a picture I would go for the long exposure.

Raymond...using a fast shutter speed doesn't automatically give you a more realistic picture. Close your eyes for a moment and think about a waterfall. What do you see? Movement! Wouldn't a more realistic photo of a waterfall capture the feeling of movement?

Raymond Bradley

Postby Raymond Bradley » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:32 am

Sheldon thanks for your interest but it doesn't work for me. When I see a shot of a jet in flight I see motion even if the plane is in sharp focus. The same with a waterfall. Blurred water doesn't convey motion to me but that is just the way my mind works. I may well be in the minority.-Raymond

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Such a shame you were forced to make a very short show - I'd have liked to see more. I can sympathise with 'the getting old' it can certainly make us 'draw in the reins' for getting out and about and into somewhat awkward vantage points!

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Raymond Bradley

Postby Raymond Bradley » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Where have you been Lavina. I've missed your posts-Raymond

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:24 am

Raymond
Thanks for asking - Yes I AM still around! Been a pretty awful few months with illhealth - both me and the computer! I'm feeling a bit better, and have done as much as I can myself to the computer mainly to get online, but still a couple of bad problems yet - something to do with internet connecting (haven't got any virus) so I'm taking it in to get it fixed once and for all. I've made upteen new shows that I can't get loaded to Photodex so they will be appearing before too long!
Take care
Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback