China - Shanghai

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

China - Shanghai

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun May 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Just when you thought it was safe ... another old China Travelogue. This one is an 8-1/2 minute visit to Shanghai.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7139&alb=0

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Re: China - Shanghai

Postby Crunch » Mon May 11, 2009 2:58 am

Jerry

I enjoyed the show, some lovely images & terrific choice of music. As you have commented on my shows this medium is a great way of preserving memories.

As a newbie I feel a bit akward about critising your work as you are older & probably wiser than me (I was brought up to respect my elders) but you do seem to have some dust spots on your sensor, 2 minutes with the healing brush tool is all that it takes to sort these out. I noticed they were showing up on your Egypt shows as well. Sorry :oops: but they are pet hates of mine, that & wonky horizons, but you don't seem to suffer with those.

Going to run for cover now.

Chris

Postby BarbaraC » Mon May 11, 2009 5:17 am

And another fine trip you've taken us on, Jerry. I liked the way you did the show from your own viewpoint, turning it into a personal journey. Once again, you've overcome my resistance to travelogues.

I was surprised to see American art included in the museum. I don't know why, but I was.

Question: At the beginning of the show the city is very misty. Is this fog or is it smog?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon May 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Chris: No need to run. Some of the shots that I took in China I did touch up, but there were over 1500 shots that I had from that trip, and I probably won't retouch many unless I am going to print. My 18-200 zoom seems to "pump dust".

Barbara: Yes, I also was surprised to see the American Exhibit, they also had some horrid abstract art so I was glad to see the quality works that I photographed there.

All throughout China there was a Mist, or Fog "enhansed" by coal dust! All of the cities are smoggy. Now Automobiles are part of the problem also. When they talk of a small city in China, there may be 2 million people there.

Thanks for watching, as I said the primary reason for the travel shows is just for personal documentation of the trip and preserve a few memories.

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby mouska » Tue May 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Jerry, I am new to this addicting slide show hobby....I am from Temecula, now in Charlotte....I have been looking for the music that you have been using in your China shows with no luck...did you pick up these cds in China? I am going for 3 weeks in July and want to "borrow" some of the great selections you used in your shows. Thanks for the great shows. I've been watching them over & over to get some ideas for when I return in August. Mike M.

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback