Hello, a new very enthusiastic, enthusiast here.

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Hello, a new very enthusiastic, enthusiast here.

Postby Crunch » Wed May 06, 2009 8:57 am

Hi all, my name is Chris.

I decided to join ProShow Enthusiasts as I was unable to find a website called "ProShow wildly ecstatic about/totally hooked on/lovin' it/brilliant bit of kit/users" :lol: As you can guess I'm enjoying this great bit of software, I just hope the people that create this stuff (& at Photoshop Elements) are properly rewarded, they are all geniuses.

I started using PSG about 3 weeks ago when I broke my finger at work and found myself with a bit of free time, I decided to finally get round to putting our wedding photos on a slideshow (we got married in 2006) I'd seen PSG examples & tutorials on photography websites & decided to give it a try.

So here is my 1st attempt at using PSG, feedback would be most welcome.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow?fl=3095206&alb=0

I have had a go in the past at AVs using Roxio, you can see them here; http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisparfitt needless to say that I won't be using Videowave anymore as I much prefer PSG.

Anyway that's enough from me for now.
TTFN

Valued Member

Re: Hello, a new very enthusiastic, enthusiast here.

Postby Harry » Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. I did not get to watch your whole show due to time. What I did see looked very good for a first attempt. You might get more feedback if you post it under the sample show section.

Harry

Postby tomdavis » Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 am

Hello Chris.

Very nicely done. I think this slide show could be a tad shorter in length but for your first try you did VERY WELL indeed. The slide show told a story and who would every guess the colors for the wedding were red and white? (ha)
Welcome to this forum. You will enjoy it and learn much.

Looking forward to your next post.

Tom

Postby Crunch » Wed May 06, 2009 11:00 am

Harry

I've posted in the sample show section, thanks for your reply.

Tom

Thanks for the feedback, of course you are dead right about it could be a tad shorter, it does go on a bit :lol: , It's probably not for general public consumption but more for the benefit of family, friends & the Wife of course. Might have to do a Chris & Karen's Wedding v1.2, maybe!! I've got so many photos on this computer to put into slideshows that it might be a couple more years before I get round to it.

Once again thanks for watching it.

Chris

Postby ChrissyC » Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum and nice to meet you...I adore watching wedding shows, yours was fabulous.....Oh I wish I had been there it looked like such a fun wedding.....I enjoyed watching so very much :):)
Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more of your shows....
take care,
Chrissy

Postby Crunch » Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi Chrissy

Thank you for your kind comments, the wedding day was fabulous, you would have enjoyed it I'm sure, many of the people that were there say it was one of the most memorable & best weddings they had ever been too.

Many more shows to follow, my wife & I have just come back from a week in Spain with my Mum & her partner staying at their holiday apartment. I've got lots of lovely images I'm putting into a slideshow at the moment so I'll be posting that soon.

I watched your show "A walk around my home", what a lovely home & garden you have & I enjoyed the show as well, very calming.

TTFN

Chris

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Mon May 18, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Chris....WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! That was a lovely show and you did a wonderful job!

Pat

Postby Crunch » Mon May 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Pat

Thank you for your comments.

I see you are a dog lover, we have two. A tatty old Collie X & a Lurcher which is the wife's baby. I'll be doing a show on them one day as the the Lurcher is very photogenic.

Chris

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am

Hi Chris....Yes she is my Best Friend, my sidekick and my shadow....My Dal, "Karma". She will be 14 years old this coming July 12th and even as I am writing this she is only a few feet away from me as she follows my every step and we have been inseparable since I got her when she was 5 weeks old. I also need to do a show on her too. I've been meaning to but right now I am working on a show about my family and ancestors that I've been involved with for months. Again.....welcome to the forum! You will surely enjoy it here as the people are so nice and they've been invaluable to me over the past few years as far as getting the info I need and learning TONS of new things about slide shows. If I ever have a question I can alaways depend on them to answer me or send me in the right direction to get the answer I'm looking for. Every time I've ever posted a question it's only been a matter of minutes before I receive an answer or MANY answers! This is a great group of people and they've become just like family to me. I know you're going to learn a lot here and meet some of the most knowledgable and kindest people on Earth! I'm looking forward to seeing more slideshows from you and hopefully in a few weeks when I post my "Family Album" show you'll take a peek and give me your opinions and help on my show!

Take Care and Welcome to the family!
Pat

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback