Xi'an China Terracotta Warriors

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Xi'an China Terracotta Warriors

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Its an old slide show, from Summer of 2007 but I have never posted it before. One of the most unusual discoveries of ancient (207 BC) civilization; TERRACOTTA WARRIORS aka POTTERY SOLDIERS. I had no concept of the vastness of this discovery, and since our trip I understand that they have discovered even more.

Nothing fancy, just a show to preserve our travel memories. Flash photography was not permitted and we could not get to the 3rd building. It may be a bit long at 10 min. for the casual viewer.
Jerry

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7751&alb=0
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Re: Xi'an China Terracotta Warriors

Postby AMD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Jerry,

Thanks for posting the China show. The Terracotta soldiers are so intriguing to me. The entire thing is extraordinary--I would love to see it one day. I did attend a U.S. exhibit of a few of the soldiers and some other artifacts a few years ago and found it beyond interesting!

I am going to watch that portion of your show again right now! Thanks again!

Ann

Postby tomdavis » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 pm

Jerry, very nicely done. Enjoyed from beginning to end. I am sure you had a wonderful trip and what better way to remember than with this beautiful slide show.

Tom

Postby Bob R » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi Jerry,

I was in Xian in 1980 and I also visited the Terracotta Warriors site. Your show brought back many memories, but it looks like a very great deal has changed since my visit. Someday I hope to get my many slides scanned (just got started on that, but have thousands to go), so I can put together a show of my own. Thanks for sharing your visit.

Bob

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback