Where The River Flows

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: Where The River Flows

Postby Crunch » Sat May 16, 2009 7:28 am

Hi Sue

Very touching show, brilliantly done.

You mentioned that you had done a Cheerleader show, is there a link :wink:

Chris

Postby BarbaraC » Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 am

Sue, somehow I managed to miss seeing this show when you posted it. Where was I? Nobody knows, but I'm so glad I spotted it a few minutes ago. You did a beautiful job. I particularly liked how you mated the lyrics with the images, bringing in the idea of remembrance.

Cheesiness, I think, is more a function of not matching up elements correctly, but you placed your eagle and your butterflies very, very well. They were there for a reason, and thus they worked.

Now, how did the people react to the show when they watched it? Did you have an oversized box of Kleenex at the ready?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:19 am

mfalco, thank you! I 'm not sure how he would have reacted really. He was pretty modest and really not sure he would have liked any fuss made over him. To bad! His wife, kids and grandkids love it and are so happy they have it.

Chris, thank you! I didn't upload the cheer show this time. I have it on DVD though so maybe I will try to figure out how to copy it and upload it. I'm no computer geek for sure!

Hi-ya Barbara, long time no see! I checked out your frame locker and it is a beautiful site! Thanks for your comments, I am learning more and more all the time from all of you great people on here.
As for how everyone liked it well... I had a lot of time to put it together which is good because memorial services are usually a couple days notice. I had it done a couple weeks before they needed it. I emailed them told them it was ready and would love to drop it off to make sure it plays on whatever system they were going to use. No reply. Tried again, no reply. I showed up an hour early to help set up and do a run though. Well guess what.... Yeah, it would not play. They had it on a county owned lap top (did not have a program to play DVD's) hooked to a projector and it would not play. I went and got a portable DVD player at the store to hook up to the projector and the projector would not recognize it. Luckily, it was not a sit down and watch service. It was more of a grab a cup of joe and walk around swapping stories. They were going to have it looping in the background so I guess it wasn't missed.

So... I gave his wife all the copies and she has emailed me 3 times thanking me. They all love it and yes there was a lot of Kleenex involved. There were 2 songs before this one so it was around 10 minutes all together.

I'm thinking of getting my own projector. :?

Live and learn I guess,
Sue

Postby AMD » Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 am

Wonderful tribute . . . beautifully done. Nothing "cheesy" about it at all! What a wonderful way to help memorialize him.

Ann

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 20, 2009 10:27 am

Sue, if it appears you'll be doing a lot of this kind of work, it may be worth your while to do just what you're thinking: buy your own equipment. There's nothing worse than depending on other people's equipment.

Glad you like my web site. I thought I could put things up on the site and then go play out in the yard. I'm putting in 10- to 14-hour days. Amazing, isn't it, how much more work is involved than we think there will be no matter what it is we cook up to do? :roll:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

nebgranny

Postby nebgranny » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi Sue:
I have not been here forever but came today and started to look at some shows. You did a beautiful job I like the way you transposed your friends photo in places along the way. Not too much just right. I liked the Eagle and butterflies as well. You did a very nice job on this and am sure it was well received. Also thanks for encouraging Randy to post.

Randy your show was just great !! Can not figure out why you did not get any comments on it?? Did I somehow miss them??

Did you use PSG or Producer? Thanks for sharing your talent. I enjoyed both shows very much. Nebgranny :D

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Thank you AMD and Nebgranny! Sorry, I haven't been on in a while but appreciate your comments.

Barb, That's right, it's like how computers are suppose to make things quicker for us... if it's so quick, why can't I get anything else done? :?

Sue

Thinkuvme2

Postby Thinkuvme2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:33 am

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL... it's PERFECT!!! Love the song as well... Again, PERFECT!

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey Thinkuvme2!

Thanks so much and welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump in with both feet. No one bites here. Well, maybe al but he stays down in Producer mostly. :lol:

I hope to see one of your shows soon.
Sue

lbandjjb

Postby lbandjjb » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:51 pm

May I ask the name of the song you used and where I can purchase it? I have a show that I would love to use it for.

Your show is simply beautiful and a wonderful tribute a man who clearly loved life.

Warm regards,
Lisa

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Lisa, I love the song too! It's by Kelly Morrison and it's called Where the River Flows. I got it on Amazon.
Glad you liked it!
Sue

Postby Barkingmad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Beautiful show!

You can also get this song here
http://www.greatindie.com/ipnmusic/stor ... 7101301138

Its a nice clean site and easy to buy from as you do not have to register, just pay with paypal and they email you the download link.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

lbandjjb

Postby lbandjjb » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Thank you so much....I'm going to buy it now!

Once again, Beautiful show!

Lisa

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:12 pm

A show that really touches the heart. I am sorry you lost your friend. What a beautiful show you have made in his memory. You chose a very fitting, and lovely, song. I'd leave it as it is, nigh on perfect.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:49 am

Sue, Loved the show. I would like to offer some tiny suggestions for future reference...

The eagle flying was a good idea, but to make it even more impressive, try playing with the xy coordinates as it fly's. This would add the illusion of real flight, as the wings would be tipping back and fourth ever so slightly.

The butterfly is also a great idea, but I would have been more comfortable if the butterfly had landed on top of his shoulder instead of his back. Top of shoulder usually implies friendship. Back implies less beautiful feelings. Also, xy coordinate shifting would help as well.

What a nice tribute to this special man.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

PreviousNext

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback