Where The River Flows

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Where The River Flows

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 am

I did this 3 minute show to add at the end of a memorial service show. He was a friend of mine who was like a second father. A really protective second father! He was a police officer and had a heart transplant about 15 years ago. He retired from the force and took up traveling and this big tough man took flower pictures! So many of his friends will be surprised.

Not sure if the begining is a little cheesy. Any suggestions on the show would be welcomed.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7324&alb=0

Thanks,
Sue

Re: Where The River Flows

Postby RandyG » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 am

Sue,

Very beautiful show...must have had everyone in tears at the service it was so touching.

Randy

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:36 am

Thank you Randy. I have learned a lot by reading these forums and people sharing their shows and ideas. I have a long way to go for sure, but I enjoy it so much. Did you think the eagle was a bit much or cheesy?

The service isn't until the middle of April when the snow birds all return from Arizona so I have plenty of time to play around with it.

Thanks again,
Sue

Postby RandyG » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 am

Sue,

No, I did not think the eagle was cheesy at all. Maybe because I did a similar thing in a show I did for a vacation in Florida. Only I used a pelican that I photographed. LOL

Best, Randy

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:38 am

Hi Sue

Don't change a thing. This is your memory and I watched it from start to finish, very moving show.

Need a new handerkchief now!

Hard as nails (I don't think) - Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:50 am

Randy, I would love to see your show, is there a link?

Mike, Thank you. I love how it had that affect on you and you didn't even know him. Isn't it amazing how the music can change the feeling of photos?

Thanks for the advice, I wont change it.
Hands Mike a tissue...

Sue

Postby RandyG » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

No link to any of my shows....not quite ready to start posting them just yet...I know, I'm a wimp! I'm probably my own worst enemy. LOL

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Sue,
I agree with Mike - leave as is please. It is a beautiful show and tribute to the deceased. One for the family to keep and treasure.

Rosemary

Postby trulytango » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Sue

That was a beautiful and very loving tribute. I think it is perfect... you have achieved a real depth of emotion with the song choice and the pace of the presentation. Very well done.

Thanks for sharing
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Randy, Just post one wimp-boy, I promise not to say it sucks. (fingers crossed behind my back) You should see some of my old ones.... well, no you shouldn't, you may get motion sickness. Although I just did a cheerleading show and I had to put a warning on it: "Warning family members who have seizures, heart condition or may be pregnant, should not view this show." I actually think it was my best show yet! The girls loved it.

Rosemary and Iris, Thank you! I hope his family feels the same way.

Sue

Postby RandyG » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:10 am

Sue,

OK, you shamed me into posting one. This is one of the first few i did. My sister and niece came to the East coast (NY, PA) from the West coast (CA) and I took them around for two weeks. Manhattan cruise, Broadway, NYC restaurants, Long Island beaches...to my cabin in PA, blah, blah, blah! You get the idea...and my Sister had just gotten a new camera and shot about 700 pictures. It turns out that I actually did 7 shows from their visit. But I'll spare you the rest. haha!

Be kind now!

Randy (wimp-boy as you call me!)

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3090590&alb=0

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Ok Wimp-Boy, first I was like this :)
Then I was like this, because I loved the intro :D
Then I was like this :o and thought, dang...he is gooood.
Then at the 5 minute mark I was like :shock:
That was AWESOME!
Now I am like this :oops:

Now you know exactly what I look like.

Please tell me you used Producer so I dont have to ask how you did that.... I loved it, and I am not crossing my fingers either!

Sue

Postby RandyG » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 am

Sue,

That was an excellent use of the "emoticons" (is that what they call them?) I read your response a few times and laughed out loud each time. Very funny! Why don't you do a slide show of them...LOL

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed the show...BTW I did use Producer.

Regards, (not so wimpy anymore) Randy

Esteemed Member

Postby iknowwhereitis123 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am

Why thank you, Randy, (Notice you are no longer wimp-boy)

I really enjoyed the tour of NY too. I have never been there so I loved the personal feel, like the street signs just driving down the road. I have seen 10,004 pictures (no really, I have counted them) of The Statue of Liberty, but the views of New York you gave were more like actually being there. Great job..... what else you got? :wink:

Sue

Valued Member

Postby mfalco » Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 am

First I want to say that I am sorry you lost someone so close to you. Next, I thought this was a great tribute to who seems to have been a good man. Great pictures, Great music, Everything. I'm sure he is proud of what you have done. Well Done!

Next

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback