Dan's Vietnam Tour

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Dan's Vietnam Tour

Postby pilotdan63 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 am

Once again . . . thank you all for your kind comments.

I really wasn't sure if the images I captured in Vietnam during my helicopter combat flying tour would be very interesting to anyone but me. Your sentiments are much appreciated and somewhat humbling.

When I was working on my show I realized my Vietnam pictures really needed captions so everyone watching could understand exactly what they were looking at. The captions detract a little from the images but the trade-off in understanding the images is worth it. I spent a very long time deciding how to begin my Vietnam Tour show finally settling on the "Good Morning Vietnam" introduction and the movie theater marquee with the screen showing the short video clip of helicopters flying from my old 1st Cav unit. I hadn't thought about the theater seats being empty symbolizing soldiers who died until I read the comment from Barbara.

The one regret I have is that I didn't take more pictures to better document my hazardous combat missions but I have to justify this fact by realizing that my hands were busy flying during those times so those images now only exist in my mind :wink:

Dan

Marilyn

Re: Dan's Vietnam Tour

Postby Marilyn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 am

What a fantastic show! Photos, effects, music ..... Wow! Thanks for sharing!

But most of all, thanks for your service to this great country!!

Marilyn

Previous

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback