A day out in London

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Gold and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

A day out in London

Postby aangus » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Folks,
I put this slideshow together of photographs from a day out in London in November.
I was lucky enough to receive an invite down there to the opening of the "Take a view, landscape photographer of the year" in the National Theatre Gallery, and I had all the next day and evening walking about taking pictures.
Let me know what you think, I might enter it in our local camera clubs upcoming competition.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2470&alb=0

Cheers
Anthony

(I forgot to add it lasts 4min 3 sec.)

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: A day out in London

Postby stickgirl » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Anthony - You have some great shots and I especially liked the sunset and the nightime pictures. Great choice of music too. The only thing I did not care for was the text in the beginning that flew off to the right. I thought it cheapened the show.

Great job!

Kathy

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Anthony, as a person who has been to London many times and loves it, this was a wonderful treat for me, bringing back many wonderful memories...one day I want to go back to London...thank you so much for letting me watch your wonderful show, I liked everything about it...I know Kathy didn't like your sliding text but I thought it was kind of cute :D
eye candy for this London loving gal :) also love thatched cottages and the English countryside..Swindon such a lovely little town.
take care,
Chrissy

Valued Member

Postby G_OReilly » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:20 am

Anthony

Very nice Show.

London is a very interesting place.I was there about 2yrs ago and visited the "southern part and stayed in London for just a day or two(loved to have stayed longer but plane was leaving shortly :lol: ) I liked the night shots that you took....Great...Anyway hope to go back someday and do it all over again.

George :)

P.S. I made another show called "ROCKS" (Nov 13/08)that you had mentioned were looking for more infomation about) thought you might like it ....

:)
G OReilly

Raymond Bradley

Postby Raymond Bradley » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 am

I too have visited London many years ago and did enjoy the return visit via your show. The “Tube” went on strike while we were over the Atlantic so the buses were crowded and cabs a little hard to find but the points of interest for tourist were sans tourist except us. You certainly got a lot of great pictures for only one day of shooting.

Raymond

marilynhearn

Postby marilynhearn » Mon May 18, 2009 4:45 am

Hi Anthony,

I'm a Londoner and worked in London for many years. London's City architecture has changed somewhat over the past 20-30 years but you have managed to capture it's character and beauty in your photography. You have an excellent eye and want to thank you for a very enjoyable show.

Marilyn (Milton Keynes)

Postby trulytango » Mon May 18, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Anthony :D

Enjoyed the show... you certainly captured the essence of our capital city. The storm clouds gathering over Westminster made me smile - they are still there 6 months later :lol:

The shots of the Natural History Museum are great - one can spend days in there and still not see everything.

Thanks for posting such an interesting show

Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby Crunch » Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am

Anthony

I enjoyed the show & the photography, very easy to end up with cliched shots in a tourist place like London, no sign of that in your show.

Chris

Postby kerrymitch » Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 am

Yay.. applause. I loved it. Like the others I've been there, but was a long time back. Would love to go back now with my camera skills that are much improved from my first adventure there with a "half-frame" slide film camera.

cmhjohn

Postby cmhjohn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 pm

I absolutely loved the show. The photography was wonderful as were the transitions. I also loved the blured effects. The music worked very well. All in all, I thought it was great.
John

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:46 am

Loved your show - superb photography. Especially like your night shots and the 'Eye' with the aeroplane. Most apt music track. - London in a nutshell? You said it all.

Lavina
Vision + Strong Desire + Knowledge + Imagination + Persistence = Success

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 am

Hi Anthony,
Your show seems to have touched many hearts here in the forum... everybody having some kind of good memories of London. I'm no exception. I was there in 1996 studying english. I'll never forget those days... It was nice to see how the city looks different now. The photography was excelent, and the music gave a very chic atmosfere to your show.
Well done,
Cristina
Cristina

Postby debngar » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:27 am

Wow, wonderful images! London seen with a very different "eye" as compared to some of the other shows I've seen here.
I went to London once in the mid to late 70's but don't have pictures at all like this to remember my trip, just snapshots that have since faded. :(

So many great shots in this show but my favorites are around 1:30 or so. :D :D :D

Thanks for sharing these. Your images of the architecture are breathtaking.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Bob R » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Anthony,

I liked your show, too. Photos, music, and special effects are great! Like so many others, you touched a nostalgia nerve with me, too. I had the opportunity to visit London some time ago and your show brought back some old memories as well as an update to modern-day London.

And, Chrissy, I second your comment about Swindon. Love the little walks through the fields and along the canal. The little churches and the rural taverns. Of course, it helps that we have friends living there...

Thanks for the show,

Bob

Return to PSG - Sample Shows & Feedback