ProShow Gold Freezes When Previewing Slideshow

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Gold only. See top thread for challenge rules.

ProShow Gold Freezes When Previewing Slideshow

Postby Len_Jacobson » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 pm

I have a 12 minutes slideshow with audio soundtrack that I am working on. When I try to view a preview of the slideshow, it will almost always freeze on one particular slide (and on no other slide). That particular slide is simply a "title" slide. The slide displays and then the screen goes black. I hit the "escape" key and the ProShow application is again available to me. However, the control keys to operate the slideshow (that appear at the bottom left of the window showing a slide) are inoperative. That is, I can click on any of the six control keys and nothing will happen -- they are frozen.

I close ProShow Gold and reopen it, and the six control keys for the slideshow are again operative.

If I then go, say, to the slide that precedes the one that causes the freeze, and I again click on the control key to play the slideshow from that point on, the slideshow displays without any problem.

This is not a fatal problem, but it is annoying.

Any idea what I should do to avoid this?

Thanks.

Re: ProShow Gold Freezes When Previewing Slideshow

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:14 pm

I have seen issues with GIF files causing odd things to happen, but most jpgs and png files seem to work OK and not cause problems (the issues I saw with some GIF files were not a problem with Proshow - the same file also gave Photoshop problems as well). One thing to consider is it may not be a slide - it could also be that spot where the audio track starts or something that is causing the issue. Are you running the latest release of version 6 (6.0.3410) or just what?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Len_Jacobson » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:36 pm

I have no GIF files. The entire slideshow consists of JPG images and title slides. Again, this freezing is happening on one of the title slides.

This particular slide is in the middle of an audio track, so it is not the case that an audio track starts on this title slide.

I am running ProShow Gold 6.0.3397, so I will do an update and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for trying to help.

Len

Postby Len_Jacobson » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Thank you for the suggestion to upgrade to 6.0.3410. I did that and have run my slideshow one time (after the upgrade), and it got past that one troublesome title slide without freezing.

Len

Return to PSG - Challenges