How Do I Stop an Audio Track on a Slideshow

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Gold only. See top thread for challenge rules.

How Do I Stop an Audio Track on a Slideshow

Postby Len_Jacobson » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 am

I am putting together my first slide show using ProShow Gold.

Let's say I have seven slides in the middle of my show, and let's say that the total time these seven slides take to display is 50 seconds. Suppose I have an audio track that runs for 2 min.

I want that audio track to run for only the 50 seconds that the seven slides are displayed, and I want the sound to fade out over a five second period.

I opened up the first of the seven slides (by double-clicking on it) and then I clicked on "Slide Sound" at the bottom left of the ProShow window. A new window pops up and I click on "Trim & Fade -- Edit Fades and Timing" on the left bottom of that new window. I enter "50" seconds in the box labeled "End" and "5.000" in the box labeled "Fade Out". I would have thought that this would cause the audio track to run at normal volume for 45 seconds and then fade out over the next five seconds.

Instead of that, I find that the sound for that audio track continues past the 50 second mark.

How do I get the audio track to completely stop after 50 seconds?

Thank you.

Re: How Do I Stop an Audio Track on a Slideshow

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:10 pm

The music for the 7 slides is NOT the "slide sound". It is the SHOW soundtrack (unless you inserted your music as sound, on purpose, into one of your slides).
So, right click on your slide list, after the the 7th slide, and choose "Stop track here".
Then "Edit Fades and Timing"

Postby Len_Jacobson » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Mona,

Thank you so very much!! I read through the entire "Audio" chapter of the user manual and did not find that there. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it.

Len

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:01 pm

You are very welcome, Len.
I'm glad that it helped you

Return to PSG - Challenges