Rotate Enhancement

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Rotate Enhancement

Postby Sixty Vette » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:51 am

Would be nice to have the ability to control the anchor point for rotation - rather than having it statically in the middle.

For instance - if you wanted to have a rocking horse or rocking chair have the "rocking motion", with the anchor point in the middle of the picture, you get a sliding motion along with the rotation. I tried playing with the pan ettings - with some success, but was not happy with the results.

Having the ability to move the anchor point to the bottom of the rails would provide a nice, smooth motion!

Thanks!
Bob (aka Sixty Vette)

"If it's not broke, break it, and make it better"____________________________________________________
Nikon D40
Proshow Producer
Photoshop CS2

Re: Rotate Enhancement

Postby heckydog » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I also agree it would be a nice feature but I doubt it's anywhere near the top of their priority list.

In the meantime there is a simple workaround.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/280/ ... 743rt0.jpg in this screen grab you can see the center point of the picture by using the crop tool. This is the typical behavior.

If you enlarge the canvas, not the picture, you will move the center point of the picture as seen in this screen grab.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4996 ... 121vu5.jpg

I added the arrows in each picture because it is sort of hard to see the center indicator, but they are there. :wink:

By using the Crop tool and re-sizing the canvas you can put that center point any place you like. Of course, don't accept the change when it asks if you want to crop the image. :D

If you don't have photoshop, I'm sure other graphic editors have the same functions and it would be just as easy to make these adjustments. Once the picture is brought into PSP no one will be able to tell the actual size but you will be able pivot on the new center point.

Joe

added: I just saw your other post :oops: looks like you've already found the solution.

Postby Sixty Vette » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:19 pm

LOL@Joe - yeah I did! :mrgreen:

But you did a much better - visual explanation of what I did - THANKS!!!!
Bob (aka Sixty Vette)

"If it's not broke, break it, and make it better"____________________________________________________
Nikon D40
Proshow Producer
Photoshop CS2

Postby rkligman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:34 pm

heckydog wrote:I also agree it would be a nice feature but I doubt it's anywhere near the top of their priority list.
Joe

So clearly they made this one of the dozen new features in v4! It figures. Not that it's a bad feature, it's just like you said, more important fish to fry.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby im42n8 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Yep, v4 has this feature (called rotation center). However, it'd be nice if I could click on the rotation point and drag it where I want it (like with the placement of a layer) rather than having to ONLY type in a set of numbers to get the rotation point where i want it.

Dale

Return to PSP - Feature Requests