Multiple Keyframe Time Lines

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
nstsgatr50

Multiple Keyframe Time Lines

Postby nstsgatr50 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 pm

I am relatively new to Producer, but it would be nice to see multiple Keyframing time lines at a single view. Possibly up to three at a time. It is difficult to sync action on different layers, moving back and forth writing down times to go back and forth trying to get the exact effect one is looking for. Multiple layers would simplify this process.

Re: Multiple Keyframe Time Lines

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:45 am

Join the rest of us who nag Photodex! :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 pm

To do this right, they'd need to make this dialog a floating dialog I think. That'd be nice for folks (like me) who use multiple screens to work on the slide. Even with a single screen it'd be nice because it might free up screen real estate that'd otherwise be dedicated to multiple lines of keyframes. Any increase in the lines would, unless it's a floating dialog, make it harder to actually work productively (in my opinion).

Well, add this to the "nice to have" list ... I'm sure (in two or three major releases from now ... maybe!).

Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 am

Dale, that's an excellent thought. I use Photoshop's palettes this way all the time. They're tucked up inside the "well" or nowhere but inside the menu until I actually want to use them or just view who's doing what and where.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:03 am

Dale,

Did you know that the default desktop arrangement can be broken apart into floating pieces? I don't use mine that way but seeing as they have made some of that already possible, I don't see why it can't be done with other stuff if needed to give people a feature like that.

I still don't quite understand their "new" key framing timing some are talking about. What I specifically asked for was that they add is ability to type in the caption transition time and for other layer key frame transition time instead of only being able to use the inaccurate touchy slider.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:48 am

Debbie, all put together or broken apart, wouldn't it still take up just as much screen real estate?

Barbara

Postby debngar » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:06 am

Yes, but sometimes you can shove things over to side temporarily and increase the size other things maybe? I dunno. Doesn't photoshop allow floating menus and such? I've seen video tutorials done by different people who choose to set up their desktop in alternative fashion that I might not have ever thought of had I not watched those tutorials. I might learn something to help me work more efficiently.

I was just trying to wrack my brain as to whether it would be a useful thing to be able to do that or not. I'm often in a stuck mode and just do things the same way I'm comfortable with like most people but am open to trying a different way of doing things if it's easier or faster.

I once saw a user's show that demonstrated how to best utilize your ProShow onscreen workspace. I think I had a copy of it for the longest time on my computer but must have deleted it a while back trying to release HD space. It was kind of interesting and made me think I probably should familiarize myself with those alternative ways to work. It looked better than what I'm doing right now!

I'll see if I can find it on the Photodex website. It may be listed under their video how tos or something.
---------------
No such luck - can't find it anywhere. It was done by a guy but don't know who. Anyone else know of what I'm talking about and have that px file or know where we can see it via a link? I think I first saw it about a year ago.
Last edited by debngar on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:15 am

Photoshop has a huge number of palettes that, if they were all onscreen and open at the same time, there'd be no place to work on the picture unless screen resolution was cranked up so high that we'd need a magnifying glass to see things. ProShow, on the other hand, has no need for such an array of palettes, and it's really quite economically designed for my taste. On the other hand, I'd appreciate a floating palette or even a simple floating visual of the various layers' key frame timelines. I hate having to go back and forth to see what's going on above or below where I'm working. :(

Barbara

Italiamipiace

Re: Multiple Keyframe Time Lines - an alternative

Postby Italiamipiace » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 am

Like many people I also would like to have a Multiple keyframe Time Line, in a separate window and with a better time indication.
Meanwhile I use an alternative, it takes some work and time, but it helped me so far to solve some timing problems.

In the Slide Options, Motion tab, I select each layer one by one, and with a little program called PrintKey Pro (screen shot program with possibility to select an area), I just select the time line and copy/paste it into a Word document. Each Time Line is aligned one beneath the other and on a print-out I can see clearly how everything is aligned and works.

As I said, it takes some time and work but once printed, the correction to made are very clear.

Hope this help other folks,

Alex

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:58 am

Alex, that's an excellent solution for those times when we have a lot of layers and the need to have timing right on the money. Thank you for telling us about it.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby Jim Adams » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:15 pm

You aked for it. You got it.

The little bit I have played around with the newest version of PSP I definitely like the multi-frame keyframe editor the most. All layers and keyframes in one screen with the ability to set times, transition times, transitions, add and delete keyframes. This change is a God-send.

Two other new features I like a lot are "Rotation Center" and Blur adjustment.

Keep asking, everybody.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Jim

Return to PSP - Feature Requests