give us greater control over the drop shadow feature

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
wmagman

give us greater control over the drop shadow feature

Postby wmagman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:45 pm

I would like to have more control over the nature of the drop shadow that one can create within the introduction as well as within the actual show. This should apply to both layers and captions. The type of control I seek is being able to control the depth of the drop shadow and its position relative to the object or letters generating the shadow.

Bill Silverman

Re: give us greater control over the drop shadow feature

Postby cherub » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:58 pm

I would be grateful if they could just fix the bug in the simple shadow that they have now.
You want to play with the shadow, and I want it just to appear when it should - at the same time as the object itself and not 2 seconds after it. :D :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Proshow has always had a shadow bug of some kind....back when I first got Gold, there were times when the shadow would show up but no photo! Then all of a sudden the photo would just show up. It would indeed be nice if they got around to fixing the drop shadow problems and gave more control over the positioning, not just always in the same place.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

wmagman

Postby wmagman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi Cherub,

I've never noticed the problem that you refer to.

Wm. Silverman

Esteemed Member

Postby Jim Adams » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:04 pm

wmagman wrote:I would like to have more control over the nature of the drop shadow

I second that motion ! It would be wonderful to have some of the "Layer Effects" in Photoshop available in PSP to use on captions. Besides more control of drop shadows, bevelling, embossing, texturing, etc would be nice added features.

Jim

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:28 pm

I would like to have more control over the nature of the drop shadow that one can create within the introduction as well as within the actual show. This should apply to both layers and captions. The type of control I seek is being able to control the depth of the drop shadow and its position relative to the object or letters generating the shadow.

Here is a work around for you if you have Producer.

Insert a black layer behind your image (if it's not a cut out that is) and apply a vignette if you want a soft edge. Or leave it a hard edge if you prefer. If you want, change the color to a grey or maybe change the black layer's opacity to 50% opacity. Then off set it down and to the right a bit or whatever direction you wish to off set it. You just want to give that feeling of a shadow.

As far as putting a shadow on a png, that may be a little trickier.

I inserted a dupe of the speech bubble png in the "Trevor And The Trains" show, fiddled with the white and black point so I could then colorize it black at 50% strength and then offset it under the yellow bubble.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2643&alb=0

So the slide has 4 layers:

1 Bubble-png file masking layer 2 (1 layer)
2 Yellow radial gradient layer under that mask carefully sized and positioned
3 Bubble-png image made into a black shadow offset underneath
4 Regular image of child in the yellow dump truck

The caption is of course on top of all those layers. You can dupe a caption, color it black, place it underneath and offset the dupe underneath the same way I did the speech bubble. Make it black or whatever color you want.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Feature Requests