convert a generated background into a layer

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
wmagman

convert a generated background into a layer

Postby wmagman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:41 pm

I would find it useful to be able to generate an interesting gradient background and then have the option to save it as a .jpg or directly convert it into an editable layer,so that I could apply motion effects as well as other effects to it. Saving it could be done with incorporating a screen capture and then a "save as" option.
Bill Silverman

Re: convert a generated background into a layer

Postby cherub » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:52 pm

But there is a function to "screen capture".
It is called "Capture frame" and it's working very very well.

When you see your image on the preview screen, go to Show, choose Capture frame, or
Right click on the image and choose Capture frame.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: convert a generated background into a layer

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 pm

I would find it useful to be able to generate an interesting gradient background and then have the option to save it as a .jpg or directly convert it into an editable layer,

Along with what Cherub says, you can also create a Blank Slide, Open Slide Options, Click on the Layers Icon, click Add Another Layer, and select Add Gradient. Doing this will allow you to edit the Gradiant within Proshow just like you would if it were a Gradient background, but instead of a background it would be an actual layer. This allows you to use all the available motion and or editing functions to manipulate your gradient the way you see fit for use in your show.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSP - Feature Requests