A fix rather than a feature

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

A fix rather than a feature

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:11 am

I know for a fact that most of us periodically have to delete those three files (cpic.opt, def.phd, and the pcx file) so everything starts functioning again. Having to do this is indicative of bugs, or at the very least, sloppy programming. It's outrageous that anyone should have to pay to finally get a fix for these problems that have, from what I've seen, haunted people for several generations of the software, folks paying to upgrade only to find that the same old bugs are still part of the package.

Something else that needs fixing is the problem associated with creating DVD's. In software where one of the goals is to create a DVD for playing on television, it's shameful that anyone at all should have problems doing so. Being forced to build an ISO file so that a separate and more mature program can translate it properly is unacceptable. I bought Sony's DVD Architect, not just because of its superior ability to build menus, but because it can burn a DVD perfectly every single time. Since ProShow is essentially a creator of video files, it should be right up there with the rest of the video software.

Just plain angry this morning and wondering where Photodex's collective heads are.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: A fix rather than a feature

Postby cherub » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:05 am

You are right Barbara, and you put it all so well.

Since ProShow is essentially a creator of video files, it should be right up there with the rest of the video software.

Well, actually making "video" doesn't necessarily mean "burning of a DVD". I would be grateful if indeed the video that Proshow makes would be of acceptable quality. We wouldn't need to convert to uncompressed huge avi files if it did.
As of now, all we get is a very soft and pale mpeg/vob file.

To this I would also add the shadows bug, which has been a "known bug" for I don't know how long. They don't bother to fix that one either, do they ?

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:50 am

Yes, the creation of video doesn't necessarily imply the burning of a DVD, but since they've put in the ability to do so, it should be fully functional.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you on the quality of the movie files. They're definitely soft unless we wade through the production of an AVI.

I wish they'd pause in their rush to add features and, instead, shine up what's already there. Once everything's working like a champ, then add the new stuff.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby HunnyB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:38 am

AMEN sister Barbara, AMEN.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Return to PSP - Feature Requests