Print out listng of show contents

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Re: Print out listng of show contents

Postby Bighousedaddy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello;

I couldn't help it but I had to butt in here... A long time ago I used an ancient word processor called Omnipro. The file extension, if I remember correctly was .sam. That software, In my opinion, was light years ahead of its time until Microsoft bought then out and killed it. But just like Barbara, I use word simply because its simple. I just don't need and thing more. It's like... why go to Vista when XP is doing so well. I use Paint Shop Pro 6 because it serves my purpose... I think their up to 11 now.

Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:08 pm

I started out with Wordstar. Once you learned the diamonds structures ... you could whip through a document! I started programming in dBase II and III and it used the Wordstar keystrokes ... I learned Wordstar REALLY well because of it. Later tho, I moved over to PCWrite! A Most EXCELLENT, lean and mean, word processor par exellance (yes, most excellent!)!

I used graphics, tables, advance up and down from current location, drop caps, concordances, Tables of contents, images, tables, index, etc. Word never failed to let me down. It'd resize when I didn't want it to (a table or an image)... I could never place it where I wanted it exactly. Wrapping text around these items was a real pain in the arse. You had to use a MS Word paragraph construct... it didn't like it when you tried to use something else. It's handling of graphics is atrocious given how long the darned program has been around. Its tables area weak ... and it relies heavily on Excel for most of its table capabilities. But the import features for Excel are not the best in the world. You have to be really careful how you do it or you have something that doesn't look natural...and these are but a few of its limitations. Writing a real book in it is a royal PITA (to do it right) ... and man-power/time intensive to maintain it.

Dale

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Do you mean Ami Pro? Tried it ... it tried to do a lot. Lots of problems... didn't make the cut. All those little icons didn't help either ... and they were so darned small. After playing around with it for a few months it disappeared. I used PCWrite for the simple stuff, WP for simple and complicated stuff ... and kept up with Word because M$ had undersold everyone (for some time was losing money on it because of it ... just so they could get market share away from WP) and a lot of people started using it (can you say "monopolistic behavior?!"). Ami Pro was always a distant third. If I remember right, IBM was trying to get in on the market with that program.

BTW, Omnipro was a scanning/OCR program (and they're still in the business!).

Dale

Postby Bighousedaddy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Yes, Ami Pro... sorry bout that... my brain is tired, and it was a long time ago.
Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Take a look at this and let me know what you think. This version requires Microsoft Word. Sorry for those Word Star/Lotus Manuscript/Ami Pro users :P .

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7994

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Vernon has done a super job with this. In no time flat, I had complete and separate listings of all images used and where they were used in a show, and had I needed to, I could have done the same for sound files, and fonts. What this does is make it a quick job to find duplications, to figure out what font was used in an older show, to document the sound files if there are a number of them, and probably a bunch of other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

Vernon, take a bow!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to PSP - Feature Requests