The Perfect ProShow

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
popsynic

The Perfect ProShow

Postby popsynic » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:41 am

Probably mentioned before, but for me it has to be

1 - recognition of alpha transparency in VIDEO. It exisits for stills, so surely it wouldn't be a major leap forward to doi the same vor video?

2 - The ability to SCRUB through a template slide and 'drag and drop' photos/images into the placeholders wherever I have scrubbed to in that slide. rather than currrently only being able to drop into placeholders that are visible at the BEGINING of the slide, and even then it being a very hit and miss affair.

I don't mind using the 'replace file' method in the slide options window, and in certain situations is very useful to do it this way- but to drag and drop 'ANYWHERE' in the duration of the slide woyld be excellent too.

3 - more STABILITY. I think all of us suffer from the frequent unnanounced crashes - when the programme just vanishes off the screen for no apparent reason.

That said, ProShow is an excellent enjoyable application, and I have very little issue with it. But 1 and 2 above would be nice, and 3 should be expected by now?

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:24 am

Popsynic, unlike you and apparently some others, Producer doesn't crash on me, which makes me wonder just how many different configurations Photodex has done beta testing on. Very likely, there are issues with other software and with hardware, but unless there are lots of beta testers, Photodex is likely to remain in the dark about the problems.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:42 am

Frequent saving of your show file while working on it seems to lessen the occurrence of crashes. Unfortunately, that diminishes the ability to "undo" things but the only way I've found to avoid crashes and all that comes with it to get the program back into working order.

I will often place a copy of a complex slide on the end to work on it so as to preserve the original one in it's correct place. In case I don't like how the one at the end develops, I still have the original the way it was. It's a pain but workable for me. If you do them side by side, there is a high chance of working on the wrong one and they can both get all goofed up.

I like your thought of being able to scrub the slide and plop the images into the placeholders. That's a really good idea.

Debbie

Crashless PSP

Postby bigsewed » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:36 am

Maybe it is because I do very simple work in Producer, But I cannot remember the last crash I had...
At least 1+ years...
I often run CS3 and Producer at the same time... DELL...Intel Core-2 CPU 6400 @2.13 G Hz and I have 4 GB of ram...
Computer is two years old...
I have been running Vista Home Premium for one year too...With Service Pack 1 installed...
Wes

Postby debngar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 am

Looks like you have a hot-rod PC with dual everything. There are probably a lot of people with less of a set up in their computer which might explain why some people have trouble and others don't.

I have 2Gb RAM which seems to help since I put the extra Gb in my PC.

Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:27 am

Oh how I wish I had that set up Wes! Maybe later this year I can finally upgrade my desktop. Smiles. I'm still running on a five year old with 1 GB Ram.
But that doesn't deter me! I just disable McAfee and the internet/router when editing for long periods of time.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Re: The Perfect ProShow

Postby Bighousedaddy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:43 am

Hello;

I don't know if this will help you, but I have a system of saving as that help me to experiment with my shows.

What I do is number my shows like "My show 01", "My show 02" and so one.... if I'm doing a test show I'll name it "Test My show 01", "Test My show 02" and so on.

I know this isn't some brake through.... but it helps me keep track of what I'm doing.

Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Return to PSP - Feature Requests