More transitions

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

More transitions

Postby HunnyB » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 am

I wish from time to time a few more transitions would
be added.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Valued Member

Postby Coconut » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:06 pm

I think we need alot more transitions!!!! and same for the captions!- more options. I have seen some really cool stuff in other programs, some free! I hope Photodex will realize they need to add more!!!!!

Esteemed Member

Postby pwholmes » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:25 pm

I agree. Transitions used judiciously can really add to the show at certain points. Usually in every show I do I'm using mostly fades but occasionally I find a place where an interesting transition adds to the mood or reveals the next slide in a better way. I would say that I've only found about 20 that I would ever consider using -- so more choices would be nice.

Paul Holmes
Amateur cab driver
Amateur videographer
Amateur slide-show maker

I'm only here to learn from you geniuses!

dlhbrantley

Postby dlhbrantley » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:26 pm

I love this program. Would like to see more transitions

usmcmarines

More transitions

Postby usmcmarines » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 pm

I totally agree that more transitions would be a good thing. I have used transitions in other programs like turning pages, water drops and many others that I was suprised were not included in PSP. I also have a Pinnacle program with a bunch of transitions, I wonder if there would be a way to use them in PSP.

Postby sheldonk » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:10 pm

I think what we really want is a way to plug in our own transitions!

Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Count me in too.....

A lot of the transitions i don't use because i just don't like them (like the star and exploding boxes). How about some more softer blending ones.

And i'll agree about the text too.....some more options on the fade in/fade out.

Stuart

Postby HunnyB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:10 am

If Photodex want customers to upgrade their programs,
they need to think about the features WE want.
INHO.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:56 am

sheldonk wrote:I think what we really want is a way to plug in our own transitions!

You can do that with masks. However, I still agree with the others, particularly since masks can often take a lot longer to build properly than it takes to simply choose a transition.

I'm with you, Stuart. I'd love to see more sophisticated transitions. Those glitzy ones are just the ticket, but only in rare instances.

Barbara

Postby apalaia_1973 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:14 pm

More Transitions Would Be Great!!!!!!!!!!
Annamaria

Postby ngmarsh » Mon May 05, 2008 6:25 pm

I agree with more transitions. How is all this info being shared with Photodex?
Nancy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue May 06, 2008 12:49 am

OK, I think I understand what you want, more transitions :D , we only have 277 right now.

The real answer would be, 'What new transitions?' (Is that a contradiction, answer with a question, but you know what I mean :lol: )

The only one I have seen mentioned several times is a 'page curl'. What are the others in more detail that would be required? Without a description and thoughts there is little help for Photodex.

By the way I'd like more money :roll:

Brian

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 06, 2008 3:59 am

Brian, that's a good point...about the transitions, too.

Come to think of it, I do at least half my transitions with masks, not the canned ones, and the masks I use are one-shot deals, designed for specific situations and pictures. If they were actual transitions, I'd do the same thing: use them once and then never again.

That said, the Gold users don't have access to masks, so it would be a boon to them if they had more choices, and there certainly could be more of those choices, though I can't describe any specifics since I'm so thoroughly mask-oriented.

My biggest beef with transitions isn't the collection itself but with the entire palette, which can't be moved out of the way. Click anywhere on it and it pops out of existence. VERY annoying! Sometimes I want to simultaneously see the picture that's on the screen, but the palette is always covering a large portion of it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

mlanders

Examples what kind of transitions here

Postby mlanders » Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Hello,

i've found the following program for Premiere and other video editors and this plugins blow everything away i knew before here are the examples what we need in the next version of producer - so please developers maybe you can fullfill our dreams:

http://www.newbluefx.com/3d-explosions.html

http://www.newbluefx.com/3d-transformations.html

Best Regards
Michael

Postby BarbaraC » Wed May 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Michael, I really wanted to see those transitions, but all I get is "server not found." It must have gone down right after you visited it. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Next

Return to PSP - Feature Requests