More transitions

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Thu May 08, 2008 8:01 am

Well i'll be buggered (another english expresion). I was going to say "what 277 transisions?"....then i counted them.

That actually surpised the heck out of me :shock:

Stuart

Postby Bighousedaddy » Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 am

Digital slideshow production is actually a very new art form. Don't hamper yourself by tacking on the old rules for photography and videography. They aren't the same thing, and to use those rules is to place your creativity in a box.

I need to find a bathroon wall to write this on and make this my credo... Very good BarbaraC... You just made the defenses case.

BTY... what was your mother, a dictionary, and your father an underwood...

Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby BarbaraC » Thu May 08, 2008 9:25 am

Quite frankly, my mother was a PITA, and my father and I used to sneak off in the middle of the workday to go to the horse races. It was a strange mixture that brewed me up.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Bighousedaddy » Thu May 08, 2008 9:46 am

BarbaraC

I have said many times over and over... teach me... I want to learn... Well you taught me, or should, I say you reminded me... don't put yourself in a box.

I'll say this.... I will try to break out of the box and use more transitions...

You really won your case...

Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Re: More transitions

Postby Pauline Collins » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 pm

I would LOVE to see more transitions too please.
My favourite (from PhotoStory3) were

The Page Curl (from all corners)
Page Roll (from 4 sides)
The best is the Flip - Clockwise and Flip AntiClockwise. When used it makes it looks like a photo is pivoting around and it can be used to make so many different effects.
I agree, ProSho has tons of Transitions but most are not suitable.
Pauline

Postby Pauline Collins » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:53 pm

At the risk of this coming up twice as my last one disappeared.

Would LOVE to see a few more selected transitions like the ones I loved in PhotoStory3. Namely....

Page Curl - from 4 corners.
Page Roll - from 4 sides.
Best of all - Flip-clockwise and Flip-counterclockwise. You can get some great effects from this one. Makes it look like the photo is turning around.

Cheers Pauline

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:33 am

Pauline, those page curls could possibly be on a most-wanted poster for ProShow. I've seen it mentioned so many times that, when (I don't think it's "if") Photodex adds the transition, we're going to see it all over the place until the novelty has worn off. And it will wear off because there are only just so many places where it's appropriate. It's highly suitable for a show that's reminiscent of an album, particularly a wedding show and, perhaps, a family history show, but in other cases, it might prove tacky. I'd hate to see it in a memorial or a tribute to a hero. Even where it's appropriate, wouldn't it eventually get tiresome, if not in the eyes of the recipient, then in one's own eyes? That said, it sure would turn itself into a handy template for creating a polished show when time is extremely short.

Ken, now don't you go being wild and crazy for the sake of adding more transitions. I'll have to beat you up. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:32 am

Yes Barbara, page curls would be too much if used all the time but nice to have for the occasional slides in what I do, which is weddings. I really miss the Flip, as have not found a way to make a photo look like it is turning around or turning over like a page in PS. But never mind, have changed to PS Producer now and love this forum.
Cheers Pauline.

Postby trulytango » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:53 am

Hi all

I started out with Photo Story too - and I miss the picture rollup from left to right and vice versa (one of my faves), the page curl was quite useful and of course, the flip was one of the best in the prog!

Cheerio
Iris

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:34 am

TrulyTango,

They're not as sophisticated as you'd find in a video editor transition, but would any of these be similar to what you'd be looking for? Created completely with PSP ... just add images!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=135843

Dale

Postby Pauline Collins » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks for that Dale, love the first one, where can I get it or produce it please.
Others are good too but I only need Roll.
Would really love to see a Flip one if anyone knows how.
Cheers Pauline

prelo

Postby prelo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm

I would like to see some high-end transitions, including flipping pages as done on After-Effects and Premiere, and the old scroll from the old PSG days

Re: More transitions - Dale

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 am

They're not as sophisticated as you'd find in a video editor transition, but would any of these be similar to what you'd be looking for? Created completely with PSP ... just add images!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=135843

I have to say Dale, those are pretty neat. I missed your post back in June.

I like your effects in this example show a lot!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby trulytango » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 am

Dale!

Pardon my gross ignorance for not responding to your post in June. Not sure why I didn't catch it at the time, although I didn't have it bookmarked, I normally return to posts to see if they develop :roll:

I am very impressed with your samples. They are a breath of fresh air to the stale transition arena. Well done indeed! Now then... how on earth did you do them? :shock:

Postby HunnyB » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Wow, I love these!
Is there a template?????? :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Feature Requests