Proshow Producer 3.0 Feature Request

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
ProShow Hall of Fame

Proshow Producer 3.0 Feature Request

Postby seektheburd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Thank you Mike for providing an area to post feature requests in upcoming Photodex Gold and Producer versions.

First, in my humble opinion, Proshow Producer is one of the best presentation software on the market. There are a lot of usable options available to the user. I like the time-saving features, different output options, and the ability to change the interface to suit my personal workflow. These are great but I would like to see more preferences/options available to the individual user in the next version. Some examples are default masking option to grey scale or alpha transparency. Additional shapes under vignette. The ability to adjust opacity/strength of caption drop shadows, color, or outline that is similar to the slide layer editing bay.

There you go. Thanks again for adding this section to the forum.

Sincerely,
Stephanie

PS-What would be really cool is some very basic 3-D options. I know, I know that's pushing it but it would be nice to bend/move photos, frames, etc. other than the using the x and z zoom link.
:D :D :D
Last edited by seektheburd on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:56 pm

I just found Barbara C's thread from November 2007 that lists many user feature requests under General Discussion. Maybe it should be copied over to the Feature Requests section. This invaluable thread is titled "New Most Wanted." How could I forget video alpha transparency!!!

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ts&start=0

Hugs, Stephanie

PS-Thank you Barbara for your hard work generating and then keeping the Most Wanted Thread up-to-date.

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:11 am

Stephanie, that entire list was emailed to Photodex, and their plans are to implement what they can of it. :D

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:43 am

Yes, I just figured with no new versions released since your compiled lists was forwarded to Photodex that it should be added to the Feature Requests section for reference. If I had looked beforehand, my suggestions was already listed by other members. :oops:

Hugs, Stephanie

Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:04 pm

I've got one!

[It's a kind of basic idea] How about providing a printable list (or a text or RTF file) of what has been used where:
- a list of images and the slides on which they are used
- a list of movies (avi, mov, etc) and the slides on which they are used
- and maybe also the transitions and transition times associated with each slide (... and maybe with each layer . . .)

Also, whether or not the layer on which the image/movie/graphic appears is active
(note, the image/graphic/etch will impact the amount of disk space used on the dvd. Also, when collecting files, all layer's (inactive as well as active) content is collected. If the collection procedes thusly, then that information should also be available for identifying what's in a show.

There are a number of uses for this information that would prove useful for both personal and business related purposes!

Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Dale, everything you mentioned is already there in the .PSH file, though admittedly, it's one heck of a long list that includes every last detail of the show. By making a copy of it, you can edit it in any word processor and then print it out. Of course, it would take a bit of time to delete all the information you don't want. :D

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:42 am

Oh, I know it's there. I've edited it on more than one occasion. However, it's not a very usable format ... with all of the specific show information contained therein. It's not a "simple" edit per se to remove the non-desired info in a word processor. On a large show, that's a considerable amount of time. Heck, I've processed one file completely just so I could get that list of files used in the show .... grueling. Basically, that's NFG.

By providing a processed information list the process is simplified considerably... and so is the time. I doubt Photodex will implement this as it's gots to be LOW on the priority list. Still, for some of us (in various situations) it might be nice to have. Remember that guy recently who wanted to add images to an exisiting show ... and wanted to know how to figure out what was already there? I gave a DOS-based option ... basically because editing the PSH is so time-consumeing. Then came the find of a file utility to print the file list from a Windows explorer window.

For some, editing the PSH file is like editing the Windows Registry file!

In the PSH file, things are organized by slide (effectively) and there is quite a bit of sundry information. If I had the time I'd learn a bit of VBA and process the PSH file to my hearts' content I would. Maybe some enterprising character will develop something - doubt, we'll see. :)

Dale

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:05 am

Image, music, and movie files can be printed out using any number of file-printing utilities, but I'm wondering why you'd want to have a list of transitions and timing for each slide. How would you use this list?

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:10 am

Well, it's not really a need. Actually, I don't think it would really be that useful ... not really except maybe in some circumstance (which I can't think of). Kinda esoteric uses I would think. But the info is there in the PSH file (in numerical format tho).

What would really be useful is the list of images and movies (by type) used in the show and what slides they were used on.

Also useful might be a sort where the slides are listed in sequence and the content of each listed by by type.

Then, a list of sounds and their associated slide(s)
Finally, a list of the music/sound tracks used in the show.

Basically for documentation purposes.

This information is basically contained within the PSH file. It might be nice to have the application create these informational lists in an easy to read format from that file.

Since this stuff isn't on par with the other other features that need fixed (like stability), I don't expect a feature like this anytime in the future (near or far).
:)

Dale

concept1961

Postby concept1961 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:13 am

Hi Dale,

Barbara was asking : "why you'd want to have a list of transitions and timing for each slide. How would you use this list?"

I might just have one esoteric answer for both of you.

Maybe the guy at Photodex who would find the way to list these informations in a file could be very close to find the way to add the button for fixing manually the duration of the transition (as Set time for the keyframe.)

It's seems to be their fourtheen year in business, I suppose that they do really care of what their customer need?

By the way, having a listing of those information could be useful as a cue for other PSP user who are amazed by a particular presentation and want to use some of the effect made with transitions even if they don't have the template for that show. Imagine, just select the transition and click the "soon to be released?" button and enter the duration of the transition as stated in the file provided by a kind user!

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:08 am

...find the way to add the button for fixing manually the duration of the transition

This is a daily war I'm so very tired of fighting.

And speaking of the PSH file, it saved me yesterday when I couldn't remember the name of the font I'd used in a specific show and so I couldn't move it from my (HUGE) font collection into the fonts folder. One glance at the PSH file told me exactly which font it was, and I was up and running again.

(Love your signature about the beach.)

Barbara

Return to PSP - Feature Requests