New most-wanted thread

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Re: New most-wanted thread

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 am

Rick, I can't remember specifics on this, but I know for sure that Mac support has been a fairly constant request at Photodex. Gosh, if they'd just do a version of Presenter for Mac users, it would be nice. I have a friend who's given up trying to see my shows on his own Mac, only seeing them when he can steal his wife's Windows computer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 pm

I apologize if this suggestion/request has been mentioned before. Heck, I may even have mentioned it before but I just can't remember!

I was just finishing up some work on templates. I REALLY would like to see the ability to edit that template area some besides just being able to "DELETE" them and ADD them.

In other words, I would like to:

Be able to re-sort them in a different order with an up or down button similar to how we can change the order of slide layers.

Debbie

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:07 am

Debbie, a suggestion: place your post as a new and separate one here in the Feature Requests area. Supposedly, Photodex looks in this area, and I'll bet that, if they do, they're much more likely to spot it if it's isolated and thus pops out at them.

Barbara

mikebush99

Postby mikebush99 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 am

How about 3D manipulation? I know it's a big ask, but PSP is such a great program, if they released a version with 3D I'd be happy to pay twice the price.

I'm talking about having the ability to "wrap" an image round a pole (think wanted posters) or place images on bouncing balls- it would take PSP to a whole new level.

Mike

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:22 am

Not only would it be a new level, but I think it would be a different piece of software--not slideshow software. :D

Barbara

mikebush99

Postby mikebush99 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi Barbara

Maybe a quantum leap for PSP- but isn't it something you would contemplate using? You're right- it would be a different kind of software, but still essentially a slideshow program. Maybe I should find an idle software programmer out there...

Mike

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Frankly, no, I wouldn't consider it because it would be more like video or cartooning, neither of which I'm very interested in. I'm much more into photography than anything else. That said, I wouldn't mind a little more flexibility in motion rather than having to resort to other programs to do it, though BluffTitler sure does an excellent job of it.

Barbara

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi All
I think a nice small feature should be ......drum roll please.....Is to have the ability to pause a show during playback within producer (at an exact spot) JUST LIKE ANY OF TODAYS ELECTRONICS .. A PAUSE BUTTON.. If there is a way and I don't know will someone please enlighten me.
Thanks Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Ron -

During playback, pressing the space bar on your keyboard once will pause the show, pressing it again will resume.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Sparky29

Postby Sparky29 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Photodex needs to incorporate something like NVIDIA's CUDA software in order to run complex stuff like rendering on the GPU. Adobe is doing it with CS4.

Italiamipiace

Postby Italiamipiace » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:10 am

Great job Barbara, hope Photodex will listen to you :D .

As #1 is something that had to be there from the beginning, here are my preferences:

Most of them are related to layers and keyframing, but that's the topic where i'm in at this moment :? .

Alex

Fuzzy Duenkel

Postby Fuzzy Duenkel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:37 am

Actual file names (such as "Smith-0134.jpg") instead of "Slide 36" in the file list. 3.0 had it... 4.0 lost it!

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:41 am

Fuzzy Duenkel wrote:Actual file names (such as "Smith-0134.jpg") instead of "Slide 36" in the file list.

This was recently mentioned in another thread, and I'm in total agreement with you. What the point is of having changed the naming to Slide No. is quite beyond me.

Barbara

Fuzzy Duenkel

Postby Fuzzy Duenkel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 am

The ability to tag or check a slide or series of slides AND the blend (transition) durations. That way we could freeze those slides. This is BETTER than locking a slide. Locking the slide doesn't lock the transition duration. Plus, checking the having "select all unchecked" would allow better control over the music timing, etc.
BarbaraC wrote:
Fuzzy Duenkel wrote:Actual file names (such as "Smith-0134.jpg") instead of "Slide 36" in the file list.

This was recently mentioned in another thread, and I'm in total agreement with you. What the point is of having changed the naming to Slide No. is quite beyond me.

Barbara

Sorry, that I didn't see it. I'm new to this forum. Plus they already have a big number on the right. It MUST have been an oversight in development.
fuzzy

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:06 am

This particular thread old. I can't remember where people are currently posting their annoyances with the new version, but it's here somewhere. Possibly in the "modifiers" thread, but I'm not sure. Check through recent threads, and I'm sure you'll discover at least one spot where people have come together for a group crank. :D

Barbara

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Feature Requests