Slide Spreadsheet

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Slide Spreadsheet

Postby ybeeds » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:41 pm

I'm new here, my apologize if this was previously discussed.

I finished a job for a client and they requested a spreadsheet of all the slides in the same order. Is there any simple way to do that?

Re: Slide Spreadsheet

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Welcome !! I don't remember seeing anyone having done that, but it is certainly possible although there are a couple of things that make it more difficult. The first thing that comes to mind is the issue where a slide may have multiple images (either images you have added to the slide or images that are part of a style for example) so you would have to figure out how to address that issue. As far as collecting the image names, the .psh file is a text file and depending on your skills creating macros or using VBS in Excel for example, it could be processed that way. If you look at the .psh file, you will see what the pattern is - note that it is offset by one - slide #1 is cell[0] - the first image in that slide would be cell[0].image[0]

hope that helps
mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Mikey, didn't someone create a tiny program that could extract pertinent info like photo names? My brain is foggy on exactly what was extracted and where the program might be found. Maybe in the Member Files?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:52 pm

This will provide you a way to extract information about your show (it processes the PSH file). It was created some time ago after a number of people (me included) asked if there was a way to ... (yady yady yada...). Vernon Johnson came up with the tool that would do that:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8118

Like Mikey said, you'll have to figure out how to deal with aspects of your show where multiple images are on a single slide. You probably do NOT want to get too specific. Just tell them what images are used on what slide and the order in which they're displayed (which can be easier said than done because you can have an image in the layer stack which isn't displayed before images existing lower in the layer stack). Getting into slide timings and how long each image is displayed (and the like) is a lot of work.

Have fun tho. This tool will definitely reduce the workload of creating that "spreadsheet" of the show.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Yep - Vernon Robinson created a word macro that could extract the image names from the .psh file - but as pointed out, that becomes a lot more complicated when you have a slide with multiple images on it (or even styles that may include their own images as well as the users images).

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:37 am

I love it. We three may be older citizens, but if we pool our brains, we go back to being whole. :lol:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:24 am

As long as you can catch us in between naps !! :twisted:

mikey

Return to PSP - Feature Requests