Copy Color

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Copy Color

Postby Solitude » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:04 pm

One of the features I would like to see included in Producer is the ability to be able to right click, highlight and copy a RGB / Hex color. Will admit, I use cut, copy and paste a all day long, so this would be a natural step for me.

Re: Copy Color

Postby im42n8 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:17 pm

There is an ability to copy color. One example: In the slide options effects tab, you can click on the colorize feature under Adjustments. Click on the Set button. That pops up a dialog. In the upper left corner of that popup is a little eyedropper. Click on it. Move it around any ProShow window and click on a color. Then click on SET COLOR in the bottom right of that dialog. It won't work outside of ProShow though.

If you need color from outside the program, get a free color selector program that'll let you do that. Then, get the Hex value (copy it to the clipboard if you can). Then go back into ProShow and go back into the colorize feature (or equivalent), highlight the gray bar just above cancel and set color and hit CTRL-V.

Well, that's a quick and dirty treatment ... it's not the only method but it's similar in the other ways to get color from somewhere within ProShow.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Solitude » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:47 am

Thank you for the quick reply Dale. I use the eyedropper quite a bit to pick and set colors, but I would also like to be able to copy the color to different slides by right clicking. Where there is a will there is a way...at least I always thought so.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 pm

No, there's no eyedropper-like copy option to copy a color from one slide to another. But, there are options to copy color between slides. There's the copy settings features. You can copy color between keyframes (on the same slide or other slides). Right click over the colorize "set" button. Select one of the copy options.

Your right click over a layer in the layers stack. Select "copy | copy settings". In the resulting dialog, there are a number of options you can copy from the SOURCE layer to the DESTINATION layer. The settings to copy are in the center column.

You can right click over a keyframe and select copy settings. The selected keyframe is selected in the Source keyframe. The settings to copy in the center column will copy to the destination keyframes selected in the 3rd column. Expand the slide and the layer metaphors to get to the keyframes if you don't want to select to all keyframes.

Maybe one of these options will work for you as an alternative.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Barbara_K » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 am

Although you can't right click to copy a color, you can copy a Hex color by selecting the Hex code and then using CTRL C to copy it. Then use CTRL V to paste in another slide.

Barbara

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 am

Barbara_K wrote:Although you can't right click to copy a color, you can copy a Hex color by selecting the Hex code and then using CTRL C to copy it. Then use CTRL V to paste in another slide.

Barbara

Much better than right-clicking, and it works all over the place for pretty much anything. It's a wonder the C and V on my keyboard haven't rubbed off. :D
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Feature Requests