Switch to full style
Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Post a reply

Menu Real Time Preview

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 am

I would like the ability to preview the menus I create. :) Currently I have to burn the whole show to DVD b4 I can see if I screwed up the menu....

Re: Menu Real Time Preview

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

I'd like to 2nd this request........

I'd love for there to be a preview menu feature, so you can see if the menu works.......before you commit the whole DVD.........

Thanks

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Run EXE (on computer) first ....

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Running EXE on computer still requires you to create the entire show which can take 20 to 30 minutes depending upon the length of the show.

A simple menu preview would be much simpler than having to commit and wait for the entire show to compile, see that you have to fix something, and then have to do it again.....

I agree that EXE is better than the DVD route, but, a menu preview would be better, and having PSP simply do a quick render of the menu would be pretty fast in most cases...

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:41 pm

One method (although it still requires you to create the show) is to create an ISO file before burning to DVD (which is the way I go anyway). The ISO file can be played by the VLC player (free) although there was a bug found in that a while back I am aware of - if there is a video BEFORE the menu, it doesn't play the video before the menu in VLC. Sony Vegas Movie Studio actually does have that feature in the DVD Architect Studio portion (where you actually create the DVD menu etc and build the DVD image) and you can run their "virtual player" to preview how the menu and shows work.

mikey

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks Mikey.

Had no idea that VLC could play ISO's.

I go the ISO route too. Much easier and faster, plus, when my customers order extra discs, it's just easier to burn more......

Thanks!
Post a reply