Couple of Requests

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Couple of Requests

Postby donco234 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 pm

1. Produce a 64 bit version of PSP.

2. Have the program write information to the metadata of photos that would enable it to display the number of times a slide has been used in ANY of my shows. It is nice to see how many times a photo has been used in the current show with v.5.

3. Fix the bugs. I get really frustrated with the crashes and lock ups.
Don

Re: Couple of Requests

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 am

While I agree with your wish for 64 bit, understand that this forum is not run by Photodex and (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't have any regulars here that do work for Photodex. You will have a better chance of getting your comments heard by them if you go to their support page on the Photodex page and contact them.

As far as the bugs go, they are working on stuff they find (or users report to them) on a regular basis (notice that there have been several releases recently of version 5).

As for the writing to the metadata of the images, I don't think you will ever get that since most people probably don't want that, many images etc that people use would need to be changed in format to support the metadata (people use gif and all sorts of other stuff in their shows - either as the image or as a layer or mask). Some time ago, Vernon Robinson (if my memory is still working right) created a word macro that would allow you to open the .psh file for your show in Word, run the macro and end up with a table of all the slides used in a given show in a format that you could work with in Excel (I'm a little fuzzy on the details since I have not used it, but search the forum here for it). That would allow you to have data for each of your shows. If you wanted more than that, create an Access Database to import that data from all your shows and you could run a query to find any sort of information you wanted.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Feature Requests