Switch to full style
Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Post a reply

Edit transitions

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I just made a transition for a slide show and realized there was something I could add to really personalize it. Unfortunately I saved the transition and deleted the slide (of course, I'll probably save the slides in the future). It would also be really cool to be able to make adjustments to existing transitions as well.

Re: Edit transitions

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Mac,
If you saved the transition, there should be a psh file you can work with in the program data files.
For me with windows 7 it would be C:\ProgramData\Photodex\ProShow\Transitions\Cache\ the last entry would be the name of the transition. It will be in its own folder there. You can open the psh, rename and change and resave with a different name.
Cathy

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Oh yea! I'll check that out!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Cathy!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

You're very welcome. Glad to be able to help.

Cathy

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks Cathy.
I was not aware that we could edit transitions.

Something new to learn every day :D

Cheers, Diane

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Diane,

I edit transitions fairly often--ones I have made as well as others--so long as it is just an image that I want to change, particularly. I just go into the transition cache and change to the image that I would like to use.

Ann

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Diane,
Yes, what Ann said. :-)
Always good to learn something new. A new toy to play with even. Just remember to save the psh under another name before you start to edit so you don't lose the original.
Can be a lesson in itself just seeing how some are put together.

Enjoy!
Cathy

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 am

I've used proshow for years now, but never had the desire to "go under the hood" until now. I want to know HOW you edit a PXT transition file. What program can you use?

To be specific: I downloaded the Freebie "FALLING LEAVES" transition and I want to change the color of the leaves in that transition from green to orange/brown.red etc. since I am using it for a AUTUMN slideshow. I can't figure out how to open the PXT to edit it. Once I'm inside the file I can add adjustment layers or even take the root png or jpg files into Photoshop and adjust them there. Trouble is I can't crack the nut. There is no Cache file for this transition. Any help would be appreciated.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am

dick_spinachin wrote:I. There is no Cache file for this transition. Any help would be appreciated.

Of course there is.
Are you looking in the right place?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 am

This is where I find all the other transition cached files:

C:\Program Files\Photodex\ProShow Producer\transitions\Cache

Do I have to use the transition in a show, close the program and re-open it to populate the transition cache?

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm

You aren't in the right place. Here's a copy-and-paste of Cathy's directory tree (because I'm being lazy :D ):

C:\ProgramData\Photodex\ProShow\Transitions\Cache\ the last entry would be the name of the transition.

Barbara

Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Notice that one path listed is C:/ProgramFiles while the other is C:/ProgramData - easy to overlook that difference when looking at the path.

mikey

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:29 pm

I appreciate your trying to assist me, but I have no directory named "Program Data" That must be a windows 7 directory structure. I am using XP Professional and it utilizes the Program Files directory structure. The path I typed and posted is correct to my Operating system. I have many other folders/files in the cache folder, just not the specific FALLING LEAVES cached file. Maybe one of you can download this freebie transition set and see if you get the same issue where it doesn't create a cached folder for the transition. Thanks again.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

dick_spinachin wrote:I appreciate your trying to assist me, but I have no directory named "Program Data" That must be a windows 7 directory structure. I am using XP Professional and it utilizes the Program Files directory structure. The path I typed and posted is correct to my Operating system. I have many other folders/files in the cache folder, just not the specific FALLING LEAVES cached file. Maybe one of you can download this freebie transition set and see if you get the same issue where it doesn't create a cached folder for the transition. Thanks again.

Yes, quite right. That is a Win 7 directory.

However, the path that you typed is INCORRECT for your Operation System.
For WinXP look into:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Photodex\ProShow\Transitions\

Styles and transitions that the user makes and/or installs by himself, DO NOT go to the program directory. They go to Application Data, and that's where you should look for them, and not in the program directory. The program directory should include only styles and transitions that come with the program (built-in). If you have other things there, it's most probably because you put them there manually. If you use the program's feature of ADD styles or transitions, they will not be put in the program directory.

Hope this clarifies everything for you.
Post a reply