Dedicated video track

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Dedicated video track

Postby peterphelan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:55 pm

For me a separate video track - as per the audio one - would be nice, and allow various slides and styles to be run in the normal way over the top of a single background video file.

Since Producer is unable to export a show with transparent background (for use in my NLE software) at present I am making one long duration "slide" that contains the background video and then manually adding all the other elements on layers and keyframing them accordingly. Another option for simple content that does not contain subtle colours or semi transparent areas etc, is to export the show with a solid background colour and then chromakey that out in the NLE.

Both methods work, but being able to use styles etc normally would be great.

Peter
Peter Phelan
The Imaging Company Ltd

Re: Dedicated video track

Postby Livonne » Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 pm

I agree Peter.. a seperate video track would be fantastic. :)

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 pm

You're not the first one to request that (or additional audio tracks). The other thing that would work would be if we could get them to create a show with an alpha channel so we could play the game in a video editor. We have mentioned it to Photodex a number of times, however, so far, we have not seen any indication it is high on their list. You can sort of achieve the same effect by using one slide with a bunch of layers that you can make come and go etc - sort of a "mini-show" in a slide. That will support a video in the background for the duration of that slide.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat May 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Peter, there is a method that I have used in the past that does permit you to use slide styles, this method uses the COMBINE SLIDES feature in Producer.
EXAMPLE: if you have 10 consecutive slides with a total duration of 1 minute they can all be combine together to make a 1 minute slide. The way to do this is to always combine slide 1 with slide 2.
EXAMPLE: if slide 1 is 4 seconds total duration and slide 2 is 2 seconds total duration (between the 2 slides is a cut transition) you need to add 2 seconds of blink time at the end of slide 1 and 4 seconds of blink time to the beginning of slide 2, both slides should have 6 seconds duration. Select both slides, right click on one of the slide, select Combine Slides, when that is done, if you made no errors, slide number 1 well play exactly like slide 1 and 2 played before they were combined and should have a 6 seconds duration. After you can keep repeating this until you have a very complex 1 minute slide.
Of course, there are other considerations such as transition between slides but when you have figured out those little complications you`r in business.
This is not a simple process but it certainly permits you to use very complex styles, and it is certainly much more simple then to have to built every effect into a very long duration slide.

Like you say, the best deal would be to have a video track just like we have for audio.
E-mail the suggestion to Photodex, the more times it is suggested to them, the more importance they well give it.

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

P.S. Hope my written English is getting better…

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Return to PSP - Feature Requests