Free online video tutorials

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Free online video tutorials

Postby dougsturgess » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 am

One of the only things I find disappointing with Proshow Producer is that the company doesn't provide free online tutorials (that I'm aware of). I'm a photographer & companies I've bought software from like NIK software, OnOne software all provide free online tutorials on how to use their products. These companies even have free webinars you can join & they archive these for later viewing for their customers.

It seems like PhotoDex just wants to keep charging you more money instead of viewing it as an educational service to their paying customers. Their video modules are priced at $25 a piece & that's just too much after I've spent $250 for the software. I'd like to see free video tutorials on their website that are accessible 24/7 like the companies I have listed above.

Re: Free online video tutorials

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

dougsturgess wrote:One of the only things I find disappointing with Proshow Producer is that the company doesn't provide free online tutorials (that I'm aware of). I'm a photographer & companies I've bought software from like NIK software, OnOne software all provide free online tutorials on how to use their products. These companies even have free webinars you can join & they archive these for later viewing for their customers.

It seems like PhotoDex just wants to keep charging you more money instead of viewing it as an educational service to their paying customers. Their video modules are priced at $25 a piece & that's just too much after I've spent $250 for the software. I'd like to see free video tutorials on their website that are accessible 24/7 like the companies I have listed above.

Perhaps they're working on that for the future, dunno. Photodex began posting short tutorials when they launched the new Photodex blog site.

All the stuff in forum archives here is free to watch.

Searching YouTube and Google for "ProShow tutorials" will result in a plethora of stuff to watch there as well.

Maybe there isn't a need for Photodex to reinvent the wheel. There aren't tutorials on every single feature in the program, but what's already available for free should keep anyone busy for a very long time.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Feature Requests