Clear Previous File Defaults

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Clear Previous File Defaults

Postby Time Traveler » Mon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Now maybe someone will tell me there is something I could be doing to get around the following.

When I create a new project, I would expect defaults to be set back to a clear state or at least to the directory I just created for the project.

Let me explain:

Once I create a new project and go to burn a DVD, it wants to default to the previous project I worked on. The volume ID wants to use the last project volume name, if I have checked I want to include the images, it defaults to the previous folder path, it wants to save the files in the previous folder.

Everything seems to want to go back to the previous folder.

Why not instead have everything either be cleared out to clear state, or use the folder you stored the project to?

Not if there is a clear all I have missed that would do all of this, then this is not needed.

Same holds true for the other output options. If you export out to a file format, it wants to use the last project folder that have a file format exported to it.

Most applications don't do this when You create a new project-a reset is done.

Thanks

Re: Clear Previous File Defaults

Postby BarbaraC » Tue May 24, 2011 5:36 am

Actually, I think this is more a Windows thing than it is a ProShow thing, though I'm not 100% sure of it. All my other software works in pretty much the same way, so that's what makes me think it's Windows.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Feature Requests