Switch to full style
Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Post a reply

Sequence Layers

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 am

One feature request that would make life easy is "Sequence Layers".
-Created a slide with multiple layers
-Select layer option
-Select all layers
-Choose "Sequence Layers"
-option box allows for cross-fade and interval (slide time and transition)
Now you add a background layer (image or video), mask frames and some affect for a quick, clean presentation.
Just a thought!

_rob

Re: Sequence Layers

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 am

Rob, I can't seem to picture what you're describing. It sounds like what a slide style does, but I don't imagine that's what you mean.

Barbara

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:22 am

Rob,
Do you mean an automatic succession of layers, one after the other in the same slide?

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

Yes Mona, and sorry Babs for not being clear.
Case in point (short description). I created a short holiday show of 60 images.
As a background I had a video clip I shot of winter scenes that last 5 minutes.
I manually had to setup each key frame to the length and transition I needed to cover the length of the video equally.
I know all the work around of what I'm trying to achieve, but the feature I requested and Mona understood would, as I said, make life easier.

_rob

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 am

Now I understand, and I also agree with you. I've had situations where it would be so nice to just press a shortcut and have each layer's first keyframe start where the preceding layer's last keyframe occurred.

Barbara

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 am

I'm not sure but I think that's one of the things Photodex intended for the multi-keyframe editor. While It won't do all of this sequencing automatically, you can quickly drag each keyframe where you want it. Then, aligning keyframes on one or more layers is possible by selecting them and either giving them the same time or making them align together.

It isn't perfect but can save some significant time.

Dale

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 am

Dale, you're totally right about the multi-keyframe editor in the part where you say that's one of the things Photodex might have intended, "intended" being the key word. It's as if they had a great idea and then forgot to go back and add the required spit and polish.

Barbara
Post a reply