Better transition management in the "Preferences" setting

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Better transition management in the "Preferences" setting

Postby Catapulta » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:45 am

A small addition to the yesteray´s contribution; I remembered it just now:

One of the good and very useful things in PSP is the possibility to exclude some transitions from the "randomize transitions" function in the "Preferences-Show defaults" dialogue window. This is one of the starting points for somebody who makes longer shows and doesn´t have time and energy to determine each transition manually. Individual changes are later possible anyway, so why not let PSP suggest something from his own "fantasy" first. But here we come to the problem:

This highly important setting tool is TOO SIMPLE. There is only a list of transitions (+- 500!) which can be (un)checked. When clicking on the title, sometimes (actually it happened only once to me) the transition gets blue and one can choose more transitions - with the help of the Shift key - and uncheck them all at once; more often it has to be done one by one. But what is more important - there is NO POSSIBILITY TO GET INTO A PARTICULAR CATEGORY (unlike in the normal "Choose transition" window) or to (un)check the whole category, and NO AVAILABILITY OF THE PREVIEW AT ALL (in the 4.51.3003 version). And that IS a big lack. So what I suggest, is:

Clicking on the (un)checking square AND on the icon (un)checks the transition; clicking on the transition TITLE chooses the transition (but not unchecks it like it happens now!); with the Shift or Control key would it be then possible to choose more transitions like in the normal Windows Explorer window. AND for the (first) chosen transition there would be either a small (but quick!) preview on the right, or the icon of the transition would get animated. It could be possible to turn the preview function off with a button.

Doing this (or something better than this) would be a great help and a huge step forward in managing this huge amount of the new transitions. Otherwise can be the "Select transition" dialog in the Preferences menu only of a limited use, mainly "ex post", after knowing transitions better by producing slideshows, though the greatest advantage would be precisely the possibility to know and immediately select the transitions "A PRIORI" - before the work actually starts.

And that´s it (for today:-).

Re: Better transition management in the "Preferences" setting

Postby Amazing.Edna » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Do you have any thing good to say about this software?

Re: Better transition management in the "Preferences" setting

Postby Catapulta » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:46 am

Amazing.Edna wrote:Do you have any thing good to say about this software?

Of course I do, Edna: ProShow Producer is an amazing, fantastic software which I exalt in my heart every time I use it. Is that enough?:) The point is that this thread is named "PSP - Feature Reguests" and is here - if I get it right - to help the authors to develop PSP even better (because it´s always possible). If there is a thread "PSP - Plaudits", please inform me. Thank you.

Return to PSP - Feature Requests