Better transition and style management

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Better transition and style management

Postby Catapulta » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:07 am

And there is a third thing which I would suggest to improve quite easily - the management of the transitions and styles. The transitions are now, from the version 4.5, much more numerous, which is superb, but it brings another problem - it´s more difficult to know them and to choose them. More clicking, more scrolling - and more waiting. The increased clicking and scrolling is inevitable, but there is a single trick that can improve the thing - let oneself to be inspired by the previous style of management. I do not really understand why every new version comes with something UNNECESSARILY more complicated. So, what I propose, is very simple:

1. To make the preview of the transitions AS QUICK AS IT WAS BEFORE - and not as slow as it is now; to get to know the transitions at this actual speed would consume a weekend time maybe - I still could not try it and I am scared to have to do it once.

2. It is maybe helpful to have the names of the transitions on the list. But why the MUST be there always? I suggest to add a button which would turn the style of the list to the "old one", without the titles of the transitions, as it was in the previous versions. After some time one need not the verbal description any more and there can be more icons on the screen and less scrolling.

3. As for the STYLES, there is a similar problem: the time. If I am not mistaken, the speed of the preview in the dialogue window is now dependent on the slide duration. If one wants to have a quicker preview, one has to change the time every time. Why? The main thing is to get the idea what is a particular style about, and this is possible also at a standardized and high speed. The preview in the real time I get leter, don´t I?

4. In the video demos there are NOT all the transitions and styles presented, are thay? If not - would it be please possible to make some videos with ALL the transition effects and their names (one after another, not repeated, pictures 1 second) and ALL the styles (of course in several parts, because they are too many)? This would be great. Thanks.

Return to PSP - Feature Requests