Font Options

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Font Options

Postby Mr Edd » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:31 am

Being a newbie I may have missed this...

I created a blank slide which was to have text panning up for the credits. I wanted to make some lines of text bold and others smaller such as...

Photographer (in small text)

My Name (in Bold) (see I can do it in this window)

Then other lines of text with various font sizes and styles etc.

But the section for entering the text only allows all the text to be edited and not line by line.

I know this could be done by creating individual text boxes but that does seem a bit clunky and then controlling all these boxes to scroll up as credits would be a nightmare.

Is there a way of doing this I am missing?

Taeversomuch

Edd

Re: Font Options

Postby heckydog » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:44 am

If I wanted to do scrolling credits with lots of different fonts, styles, and sizes I wouldn't try to do it in PSP. I would use a photo editor like Photoshop and create everything on a single canvas and save it as a png file with a transparent background. Then import it into PSP as a normal layer and add the keyframes to have it scroll.

That way you don't have to mess around trying to keep it all aligned and moving together.

Joe

Postby Mr Edd » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:23 am

Okay that is an option but I do think it is a bit clunky and what if I didn't have Photoshop or whatever?

I think it shouldn't be that hard to do within the program it can be done even in a forum like this.
Surely just a matter of adding a text editor to the software or even a link to one already installed on the puter?
Edd

Postby heckydog » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:31 am

You don't have to have Photoshop. Any editor will do since they all handle text. Including MS paint that comes with Windows.

Go to Edit>Preferences>External Editors and you can add links for external sound, video, and image editors.

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:28 am

Edd, there are actually quite a few of us who would like to have exactly the options you want. It's such a pain having to place everything we want different as separate captions, then trying to line them all up.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Mr Edd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Well there yer go... singing hymn books and same come to mind.

Perhaps we should start a campaign to have this feature. Would make life a lot easier and make Producer look classy too. :mrgreen: I am sure it would only be a subroutine to pull in a word editor.

Edd

Postby coffeemonster » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am

Providing the ability to change at the least the font style and size within a single caption would be SO HELPFUL (changing to caps being the only current creative option within a line of text). Being able to change font would be an added bonus. Even the most basic applications can manage this so surely Proshow Producer could do it?

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 am

I've a sneaking suspicion Photodex has been bombarded with the request for more creative text control, but it sure wouldn't hurt to continue the bombardment! Tell 'em what you want, writing directly to them since they may not monitor this forum or this section.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Feature Requests