Locating Image in Show

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Valued Member

Locating Image in Show

Postby mfunk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:07 pm

The shows I do are typically very large and have TONS of slides (sometimes up to 600!). There are occasions when I need to figure out where a photo I've used appears in the show. Currently, I have to scroll through the show's slide list or watch the show to figure out exactly where that photo is placed.

It would be nice if I could right click on the image Thumbnail and select File/LOCATE IN SHOW. :idea:

Michelle :)

Re: Locating Image in Show

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Well, you can "sneak" up on it :D - open the psh file in a text editor and search for the image name. You will find it associated with the image number + 1 (image[0] is slide 1). I think Vernon Robinson had some sort of word utility that would also build a list of images used, but I have not used it myself. I agree with you though - a "right click -> show image properties" would be nice - what about images that are used more than once though ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby texan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:01 pm

You could also try hitting F7 and that will bring up the Light Box and show you large groups of slides at once.....
Texan

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Mikey,

My shows tend to sneak up on ME..not the other way around! :lol: I have too many pictures in my shows as it is. Using any of them more than once is craziness. j/k

Hmmm...for the ones used more than once, maybe a Find Next arrow? I dunno. I just hate searching for specific images in large shows.

I've never heard of opening the .psh file in a text editor and searching that way. I've copy/pasted your tip into my files.

Thanks, Mikey!

Texan,

The F7 would be great when searching for an image, but only if the slide contains just one layer. Additional layers wouldn't be visible. I've never used F7. It looks like it would be very useful when trying to figure out when different segments of the show start/end. Thanks for the heads up!

Michelle

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:05 am

Michelle - Vernon's Pro Show reader file Link:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8118
I use it a lot. :D

Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:04 am

Mike,

Thank you! I've saved it for future use! Leave it to Vernon to figure it out!

Michelle :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 am

Michelle,
You are quite welcome. After the Eagle Rays template, anything you want..... If there are some program enhancements you would lke, please let me know. All the best.

Regards,
-Vernon

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Vernon,

Maybe you ought to be working for Photodex. :-). Austin is very cool. I've spent many fun weekends there. Lol

Michelle

Return to PSP - Feature Requests