Styles Manager

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Styles Manager

Postby rdurga » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Styles Manager

I wish photodex provides a styles manager as a plugin to producer.

Many a times, I want to know how a particular style behaves and also would like to have all the styles in one place for easy and quick reference. If I load many styles into producer, the system slows down considerably particularly if the style has a long video clip.

Photodex can provide a separate program to manage all my styles. We can load all our styles into this program and test them on sample slides to check the style action. If we like that particular slide style, we can then import that slide style into the producer slide program and use it on our slides.

If any of you would like to add, you are welcome to add to this request.

ram

Re: Styles Manager

Postby juicedownload » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:21 pm

When you apply a style to your specific slide, that same window provides an option to view a small preview.
I find it helpful just to know what you'll get.

I suppose that could also be slowing the application down, as it's always trying to buffer a preview of everything, whether it be a style or a small change you made in your slide. Every window pane seems to have a preview box available.

Postby rdurga » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi,

In preview window, you can watch only the styles that are in the producer. You cannot have too many styles at any one time in the producer. If you have, the producer will slow down considerably particularly if you have styles that have large video files. If you have a separate styles manager, you can view the styles in your possession and then import the style you want into the producer.

ram

Postby cuatropatos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:05 am

Hi
is a great idea, because I import all the styles and many time Proshow is crashing.

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm

The PSP v4.1 has completely revamped the styles manager. I can only hope that it's stability has been improved. Messing around with many styles during development/creating has resulted in a crash for me. It should now be easier and less troublesome. What's also nice is that you can assign the same style to multiple categories! That's neat!

time will tell if more improvement is needed or that this upgrade/update fits the ticket! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Valued Member

Postby charlie4031 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:40 am

I loved the updated styles manager in PSP 4.1 especially the ability to assign multiple categories to styles. I would have wanted however an option where you could easily update a style based on the current slide settings you have. Because now when I make a style and save it and then I make little tweaks on the style to improve it I would have to go over the whole process of creating a new style again. I would be better if I could just overwrite/update the old style with the revised one.

But PSP 4.1 style manager is really better than in v4.0. And the program hangs less too as a result of too many styles.

Charlie
IzzySlides.com - Simplifying SlideShow Creation
New and Updated with new tutorials and tips.

Postby kabeeo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 am

What I like the most is that it seems now that if I have a slide with 5 layers and go into the Styles screen the styles that come up are only those that work with 5 layers. Maybe I could have done that before but it is a big help.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 am

This is why I don't buy a ton of styles just to have them. I have 2 style packs, might buy one more. Even some of those seem somewhat duplicate with just a different background color which I can change myself rather than spending a bunch of time scrolling through hundreds of styles. Thankfully the style manager in the program is getting better.

I try to only apply styles when I think they benefit my show. I choose not to have stuff flying all over the screen for no reason which can too easily turn into a competition with the images for the viewers attention. The viewer's eye should be zeroed-in on the images, not distracted by the effects.

If I had 500-1000 styles, I wouldn't likely use most of them and it's more important for me for the program to be running at a decent speed than to have all those "styles" if I'm only using an average of 10-25% of them anyways.

This is also why I don't download and install every freebie that comes my way. If I haven't used it in a long time, I don't see the point of it taking up space on my H.D. It's sort of like having too much junk in your house which can eventually make it unlivable. :shock:

I'd rather reserve some space on my HD for my image files.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby duglas50 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm kind of like you Deb. I'm not inclined to download every freebie that comes around. I do like using styles but with all the styles that are now available a person could very easily become overwhelmed. I pick and choose my styles very carefully before I download them because I try to find styles that I know I will use. I do like the new styles manager built into the program. It's definately an improvement but it's still a little time comsuming trying to locate that perfect style for a particular slide.

Doug
Family Heritage Photography
http://www.familyheritagephotography.com
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

Return to PSP - Feature Requests