Select Multiple Images/Layers

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Select Multiple Images/Layers

Postby dazb » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:48 pm

In most applications you can use the ctrl key and select multiple items.

In Photodex would it be possible to do the same with images/layers when editing their motion effects etc?

Re: Select Multiple Images/Layers

Postby debngar » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 pm

There's a right click copy settings feature that sort of accomplishes the same thing. The user can pick and choose what settings to copy from a slide to any other slides and layers within those slides.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby dazb » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Thnxs again Debbie

I sort of understand that what you've mentioned but if say I have a single image thats been duplicated and flipped vertically underneath it and then a mask over the reflected part to fade it in Then if I wanted to move it around the screen then I cant see that method working well

I'm looking at possibly grouping all these layers then moving it around as if it were just one image.

I hope I've explained that good enough?

Regardz

Darren

Postby im42n8 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:41 am

Ah if only we could do that! Nope ... not at this point can it be done! Each layer is done one at at time.

Now, if you wanted to delve into the intricacies of modifiers, you can make one layer follow another. Most of the stuff related to movement of one layer based on the movement of another works quite well. Zooming, for instance, is another story (it's not quite so straight forward yet . . . ) ... I've not gotten that type of stuff to work as desired (not without a lot of fiddling around with it anyway). However, pan-x/pan-y/rotation/rotation center-x/rotation center-y works quite well. The adjustments stuff should also work fairly well (all that I've tried, if I remember it all correctly, have worked). Zoom-x and Zoom-y based on that of another layer was WAY off tho! (you can use it . . . you just have to be prepared for what you actually get! :) ).

Anyway, this way, you can make all your movement settings for Layer A and then, using modifers, make Layer B reference Layer A's associated movements. It's easy to do, once you do a couple of them. One NOTE tho... to make layer B follow Layer A, make sure all of your layer b movement associated stuff is set to the default values. That's because any changes you make to them will result in an OFFSET from the movement of Layer A!

Hope you caught all of that!

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby dazb » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Thnxs Dale

Wow...........

Modifiers here I come ............. I think? (what happened to the simple grouping of layers?)

Is there anywhere I can get more info on this subject?

On another subject(that I've created a thread on) ....................would modifiers help me in my other problem of being able to produce a mirrored/reflected/vertically flipped text effect and still be able to use the caption effects etc?

Regardz

Darren

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:06 am

Photodex put out a little manual on modifiers that you can download. It's NOT definitive but it will get you started. Many of us explored those puppies right after they were introduced and tried to figure out what they did and how to use them (there was NO documentation at first). It really does help to understand how the program operates tho so you don't spin your wheels on some of them.

Modifiers for location (pan-x and pan-y) are pretty straight forward. Rotations are a bit different as they aren't referenced in degrees but in percents of a full circle (i.e., 360 degrees). Zooming, right now, as the basis of the zoom of another layer has (a seemingly) limited usage ... it doesn't appear to be a one for one nor does it appear to occur at exactly the same moment on the "mirrored" layer.

So, yes, you can, with the proper setup, have the layer you're using as the mirror/reflection layer, move with the reference layer using modifiers (you'll select the option to base movement of the current layer on the movement of another layer and have that movement apply to all keyframes of the current layer).

I haven't played with modifiers for text in a long time ... haven't had the time (darn it). These modifiers were setup, at the time, quite differently from those of used with layers. Their utility at the time (which REALLY wasn't all that long ago but before the release of this latest May version) was limited. In theory, the answer is yes. Based upon my experience up to this latest PSP release, the answer is no. BUT, if they fixed the problem with modifiers associated with keyframes, with modifiers being different depending on what side of the keyframe you're on, and the modifier applying to all other keyframes (on either the left or right side, depending upon which side the modifier was added on), then maybe it'll work! :?

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Feature Requests