Easily add markers in the audio track ...

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Easily add markers in the audio track ...

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:52 am

One feature that would really be very helpful is something that Sony Vegas (and probably most other NLE's also) support and that is the easy ability to add "markers" to the track. You play the track (or segment) you want to work with and every time you would like to have a transition, you hit the "M" key. This puts a marker in the track you can go back and work with later. It is often very difficult to find visually the right beat in the music etc. It is much more obvious if you could put the markers in then go back and adjust your slides to those markers (they show up on the timeline).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Easily add markers in the audio track ...

Postby bigsewed » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 am

That would be a terrific feature...
I am holding my breath...
Wes

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 pm

Wow Mike,
I think you scored on this one ... what a great feature that would be. I can't even imagine how much time that would save. Still be adjustments, of course, but for a first pass rough-out it would be amazing.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Postby trulytango » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 am

Hi Mikey

Yes! That would certainly be a feature I would pay for by way of an upgrade.

ProShow's current 'record slide timing' feature is daft IMHO... if it let you simply tap along, marking just the start of transitions, it would be worthwhile now and again, but the business of having to keep keys pressed during your intended transition time makes it unusable for me - I've always had trouble patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time :lol:

I am going to write to Photodex with this feature request!
Iris

dodger

Postby dodger » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:24 am

I was just going to add this feature request when I found this post. My old Adobe Premiere version 6 has this feature (and many other marker facilities) and it's brilliant. Creating a show with transitions or key points timed to music is, to me, essential but currently very difficult. Being able to simply tap a key to beats or points in the music and leave markers on the timeline would be fantastic. Please Photodex :P

Return to PSP - Feature Requests