Menu in ProShow

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
sameoldsam

Menu in ProShow

Postby sameoldsam » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Is there a way to actually have the menu of a show just Save with the show itself? Everytime I go to burn a show I have to put all the pieces together for the menu again. It's so annoying. I know you can save portions of it but you still have to basically rebuild it anyway. Am I missing something...If not I would love to see this issue addressed.

Kathy

Re: Menu in ProShow

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:46 pm

The menu CAN be saved as an mnu file.

There are 3 icons that lead you to the saving of a menu. When you create an output, in the right corner, you will see a plus ( +) sign, an open folder and a disk.
These are your options.

Each time when you reuse this menu you need to reload this particular file.

So, you need to be careful to save this file together with the rest of the files that belong to a particular show.

I have to agree with you though. Those icons are too small to be noticed, and their function is not very clear. Also, maybe the program should be able to "remember" at least the last menu that was used, in its totality.

Hope this helps.

Re: Menu in ProShow

Postby debngar » Thu May 14, 2009 5:01 am

Hi Kathy,

Mona gave you good information on this. Yes it's very frustrating that the program seems to keep SOME previous information in boxes and such that was last used. But it doesn't keep other stuff. What it used to keep from last use for some reason has stopped doing that. Ugh.

So with that I also would like to point out that when you do make your custom menus, make SURE you purposefully check to see exactly where you put it. You will have to BE PROACTIVE in the selection of the folder you in which you save your files such as you menu or whatever. Otherwise, it plops it in the last place you put the last menu which could be a completely different show folder. I really really hate that about this program and wish we had the option to have it work off the show folder we have saved the show. I have the preferences set to work off of "last folder used" but that doesn't stick to the one show folder. It hops to others used before that when it comes to any file saved to the computer. So personally, I don't think this feature works correctly since there is not much advantage to it other than it keeps the user somewhere in the vicinity of a folder of Producer show files under one big "Producer Show Files" which is the way I organize mine.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Feature Requests