Switch to full style
Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
Post a reply

Abilty To Keep Original Image Size

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:37 am

Okay I know I can choose to 'manually limit the image size but this doesn't work well when you have a combo of landscape and portrait orientated photos.

While my portraits remain just about the same size, the landscape photos get increased. If I choose to manually limit the dimensions of the landscape photos it works for them, but then the portrait ones are sized smaller.

While I can also resize them by hand by dragging the bounding box to size, this option is very cumbersome.

Sure you can create each slide in Photoshop to control the size and then just bring the designed slides into PSG, but that's a lot of work!

Would it be possible to have an option to have all image dimensions stay as the originally are? Especially with landscape orientation?

Re: Abilty To Keep Original Image Size

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:22 pm

I am sorry but I am confused. If I don't change anything my photos stay the size I plunk them in at? What am I missing in your question :oops: Cheers Jan

Re: Abilty To Keep Original Image Size

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Have a gander at the forum book. It has some information that might be useful to you in this respect. Not exactly what you want ... but informative nonetheless.

When you have a mixture of landscape and portrait images you'll have a problem with the size selection for your incoming images. At this time, PSP/PSG doesn't have the ability to parse the pixel dimensions of the incoming image and set its size accordingly (i.e., fill frame, fit to frame, etc).

You could have the images all come in as fill frame and then find manually your portrait images and set them each to fit to safe zone (for instance). The keyboard is handy here (alt 9 and alt 6 work great and quickly!).

Or you can set everything to fit to safe zone when they're imported and then go manually change the ones you want to the size desired.

Dale
Post a reply