convert a background into a layer

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
wmagman

convert a background into a layer

Postby wmagman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:39 pm

I would find it useful to be able to generate an interesting gradient background and then have the option to save it as a .jpg or directly convert it into an editable layer,so that I could apply motion effects as well as other effects to it. Saving it could be done with incorporating a screen capture and then a "save as" option.
Bill Silverman

Re: convert a background into a layer

Postby david-k » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Another option (I have Producer) is to use the convert slide(s) into JPG files. A fantastic facility for creating a printed coffee table album (or just a book) to give as an additional alternative (in addition to DVD) to relive the memories created in the Show. Many "seniors" enjoy reliving the memories by flipping through pages rather than by DVD.
David

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:16 am

Have you tried getting the slide onto the preview screen and then right-clicking the screen? The option to capture the preview image is in there.

Right-click menus are everywhere, and nearly all of us constantly forget that they're there. Anyway, I do. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Have you tried getting the slide onto the preview screen and then right-clicking the screen? The option to capture the preview image is in there.

Okay, I give up... right click where? and the menu says what? (This may be a PSG vs. PSP difference.)
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Right-click on the preview screen. I can't remember exactly how the item is worded, but if you don't see any likely candidates, then maybe you're suspicions are correct and it's a Producer thing.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I would find it useful to be able to generate an interesting gradient background and then have the option to save it as a .jpg or directly convert it into an editable layer,so that I could apply motion effects as well as other effects to it. Saving it could be done with incorporating a screen capture and then a "save as" option.

This is already offered - but in Producer. Consequently if you want to do that, you would have to purchase Producer. The bells and whistles will cost you more.

Otherwise I think you will have to make your own jpg. I don't know if the "screen capture" feature is offered in PS Gold.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Feature Requests