Option to Hide File List

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
aplman

Option to Hide File List

Postby aplman » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:41 pm

It annoys me hugely that I cannot (apparently) turn off the display of the File List. The only reason that it is not allowed, as far as I can determine, is that there is some effort required by the programmer in rearranging the other window panes.

In my current project, I'm way past choosing the images. I'm arranging slide display times, transitions, captions, music, voice-overs, etc. I want maximum screen space to be devoted to the Slide List, the Lightbox and/or the Preview Pane. I do not need the Folder List (which I can turn off) or the File List (which I CANNOT turn off).

Obviously I can get some benefit by changing pane sizes ... but as a professional programmer (retired), I feel the File List pane should be optional. It will allow for some more productive window layouts.

Does anyone else support me?

Re: Option to Hide File List

Postby im42n8 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm not at the computer with the program right now but, I think you can remove the file list completely (I just can't check exactly what to do ... or can't do). You can make it a window on its own ... and I thing you can close it, I think (or drag it off screen). I COULD BE WRONG! I do know that I've completely reconfigured my screen in the past and had stuff completely off from what I was used to ... and had to figure out how to get it all back. I just don't remember for sure about getting rid of it completely. Try dragging that window (the file list) into its own window that you can drag around the screen and see if that'll work for you!

Dale

Re: Option to Hide File List

Postby im42n8 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:54 pm

OK. Got to the computer with my program on it and you CAN drag the folders list off its current location into a window of its own. Then, click on the little red box with the red x in the upper right corner and voila! The file list is gone. But I couldn't get rid of the file list display either. I could make that window small but couldn't remove or hide it (tho I could make its display size very small).

What you can show/remove is possible in the Window-Show menu. The little right facing arrow, when activated, shows you what can be shown/hidden (removed)... if it'll let you!

Dale

Return to PSG - Feature Requests