Mac Version

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
Lynda719

Mac Version

Postby Lynda719 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 am

I recently got a MacBook. I am only keeping my pc for ProShow Gold because there is not a Mac version available. I would love to have PS Gold on my Mac. I contacted Photodex about a Mac version and they couldn't tell me if one was in the works or not. Is anyone else interested in a Mac version? I have tried to use iMovie and it falls way short! Lets make some noise!!!

KentNorton

Re: Mac Version

Postby KentNorton » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:21 am

I totally agree. I'm dumping my Dell laptops for MacBook Pro's (1 down, 1 to go!) and I'd also like to run ProShow Producer. It may be that ProShow will work fine on a Mac in VMware's Fusion virtual machine running Windows XP, but I haven't had a chance to test. I'd greatly prefer to see a native Mac OS version of ProShow, but running in a VM is better than nothing. Has anyone tried ProShow Producer 4.0 running in the latest version of VMware's fusion (preferably under Windows XP SP3)?

Postby gbarker13 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 am

I have tried using the Vmware's fusion and it works, but it's slow and the it does not work well with large shows and burning DVD's is a nightmare... I had to go back to my PC to use Proshow. Also currently there is not a professional sideshow program for the MAC that is on the same level as the Proshow application. I'm hoping that Photodex has a MAC version of the software in Development and if they do I would be happy to test it and give feedback...
Greg Barker
PSP 5.0 Canon 6D, Digital Juice, Final Cut Express, Adobe AE,PS, iMac 24GB, MacBook Air 8GB

Postby Cyclops » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:24 pm

I have both an iMac and a MacBook with Boot Camp installed on both of them with XP Service Pack 2. Proshow Producer runs great on both of them. I have been working on a very large show and haven't noticed any slowdown at all using the Mac. I always save my show as an ISO file and burn with either Imagburn on the Mac (on the Windows drive) or use my external Lightscribe that I attach to the iMac when I want to use it. Windows behaves better too - probably because I didn't install a bunch of programs I don't need. I'm not using version 4 of Producer but did download the trial version to give it a test run and it worked fine also.

I would prefer the folks at Proshow dedicated their time to fixing some of the bugs and glitches in the program rather than being able to use it on the Mac operating system without a virtual drive.

Carol
Carolyn

Return to PSG - Feature Requests