Menus for USB

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.

Menus for USB

Postby OttLM8 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 am

As far as I can tell there is no way to create menus for USB in ProShow Gold. I had not burned a show to DVD for a while and discovered that a DVD at the highest resolution did not look good on a 60" TV. I put the shows on a USB and they look good but without a nice menu my travel shows lose something. Before I invest in a Blu-Ray burner and player I wonder if Pro-Show is actively looking at creating disc-style menus for JPEG presentations. This may not interest people who use Pro-Show to create short commercial shows but it interests someone like me who makes long travelogues and likes to divide them by area or day. I know that there are posts that are a few years old now that seem to be looking for this feature. I hope to see a menu for USB feature soon.

Re: Menus for USB

Postby heckydog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Apparently it's possible.

http://www.samlogic.net/usb-menu-creato ... reator.htm

I know nothing about this software and it looks to be a bit pricey but they do offer a trial version. So it may worth a look.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Photodex to attempt something outside of their comfort zone like a USB menu creator.

Joe

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 pm

OttLM8
The USB option functions rather well on any modern TV.
In most cases, the TV itself gives you the option to view the content of the USB drive either as thumbnails or as folders with files.
If you give meaningful names to your video clips, or arrange them by date, you'll find that there isn't much need for anything else.
Of course, it's not so stylish as a DVD menu, but, considering that you don't have to work for it, it's not such a bad solution :D

Joe,
It seems to me that the program that you recommended above is based on the creation of an auto run exe file. It won't work on a TV. Only on computers.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:13 am

Hi

I use a Raspberry PI to display vidéos on any TV (older ones do not manage USB or not all USB)

I use a specific platform which looks like the TV USB menus

But as it is a computer, it's probably possible to have specific menus but as it is a special OS, you need to find tools for it.
Chris Marie

Postby heckydog » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 am

cherub wrote:

Joe,
It seems to me that the program that you recommended above is based on the creation of an auto run exe file. It won't work on a TV. Only on computers.

Mona,

Ah ha, I didn't read that far down. Like you, it's enough for me to have the basic folder view when using a USB drive on my TV.

Return to PSG - Feature Requests