Camera Skills and Digital Imaging

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Camera Skills and Digital Imaging

Postby trulytango » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:38 am

Hi guys

I am a long-term subscriber to Digital Photo magazine and it's monthly video tutorials on CD. From having a simple Kodak 'point & shoot', I upgraded to a Canon EOS 20D a couple of years ago and the advice and information provided by the magazine (and especially the Photoshop video tutorials) helped me a great deal.

They now have a brand new website that some of you may find useful and interesting... there's a good selection of video tutorials too. Here's the link:

http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/

Regards
Iris
UK

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 am

Iris

Good link. I bought Digital Photo for a couple of years. The video tutorials included taught me about the use of CS2. Maybe I should buy it again for a bit now that I use CS3 8)

Brian

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:17 am

I tried to check out the magazine and ended up wondering if it even IS a magazine. The first thing I saw was that it's British, which made me wonder if it's available in the U.S., but I couldn't discover this because, if there's an area where one can subscribe, it's kept a big, dark secret. :shock:

The only U.S. magazine I now subscribe to is Digital PhotoPro (http://www.digitalphotopro.com/), not because I'm a professional, which is what this magazine is geared toward, but because the photography and articles in it are always inspiring. They also always include articles on Photoshop that go way beyond the basic, sometimes right off into the realm of incomprehensible. :?

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby LEE7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am

Barbara

I agree with the incomprehensible, I pick up a book like "Photoshop WOW" look thru it and for 95% of it I say "Why?"

Regards.

Peter.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:45 am

Yes, Peter, I agree. I got one of the Photoshop WOW books for free, and it's a good thing because I've only used one very small part of it very briefly a couple of years ago. On the other hand, the PS articles in Digital PhotoPro are written by someone who couldn't make himself clear if his right arm and left foot depended on it. Even when I know how to do what he's describing, I still can't figure out what he's saying. Poor fellow.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Barbara -- sounds like an opportunity for a writer... well?

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:19 pm

DickK wrote:Barbara -- sounds like an opportunity for a writer... well?

I prefer telling lies for fun and possible profit. :D

Barbara

Return to Photography