Switch to full style
Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Post a reply

Remote for camera for photo booth

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Have been asked to do a diy photo booth for a wedding next fall, so I am starting to brain-storm.

First thought was to sit there at the reception and take pics of groups and then post online for them to order.

Have searched a few sites and some recommend getting a remote that the guests can use to take their own. Have my camera on and not have to sit there all night.

If I do go the remote way, I have a Canon EOS Rebel Xti, so would like some help with what to get.

Also, any other comments/suggestions with this will be greatly appreciated!
-Terri Downing
Iowa

Re: Remote for camera for photo booth

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Here is a link to some remotes that work with the XTI.. Set up a back drop and lighting and go for it.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 pm

I am not seeing the link??

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Me neither. It's a problem with us old folks - by the time we are done typing, we have forgotten what we were going to do. The voice of experience :twisted:

mikey

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:53 pm

I've purchased most of my equipment online from B&H Photo Video. If you go to the site and put in "remote for Canon Rebel xti" you should be able to get quite a few results in the list.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:44 pm

There are devices purchase for your camera that open up new and exciting ways to use your camera. I own the mobile product from Triggertrap ( http://triggertrap.com/products/triggertrap-mobile/ ). There are other companies that make similar products so I suggest that you shop around and find the one product that fits your needs. This product works with your Iphone or Android phone. It is a dongle (black box) with the proper cord for your particular camera and an APP. The APP is free since you will need their hardware to make it work. The cost for this particular product is very inexpensive but make sure you get the correct version for your model camera. Then, you can fire the camera with light or sound (like a hand clap or a balloon POP) or perhaps some other 'trigger' that your subjects provide themselves once they are set.

It's just a suggestion to get you thinking,

bob

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks everyone, will check out.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Not sure what happened to the link, but let me try again...
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=remote+for+Canon+XTI

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Don't know it's of any help, but here's some instructions on making your own portable photobooth.
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Portable-Wedding-Photo-Booth/?ALLSTEPS

We hired one for our son's recent wedding & the guests were queuing up all night.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 pm

I know the objective is to save some money and I expect this is out of budget for this questioners needs. BUT, if someone happens to stumble upon this forum and wants something robust in the photo booth software category....... Google "photoboof"" and that is not a typo. It may exist, but I have not found anything more flexible for someone to use to build their own Photo Booth.

bob
Post a reply