Image Hosting: Smugmug

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.
Esteemed Member

Image Hosting: Smugmug

Postby moehler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:53 am

I'm sharing this cause I'm so excited. I'm excited because I recently switch from phanfare.com to smugmug.com for cloud backup on my images. While I liked phanfare.com (I had been with them for a long time..and of which I was a long time proponent), it switched because the value that smugmug.com provided me. I know that many of you may already have heard of smugmug (I had), but I never knew how much further it was along than phanfare.com.

If you're not familiar with these sites, they allow you to store unlimited images on their servers so they can be accessed anywhere. It is great for offsite backup of images that would be devastating to lose. I currently have about 85Gs backed up. They have an application that made it very easy to transfer from other image locations online and it was pretty straight forward to tweak. If you want to see my images on the new site, you can go to gallery.mark-oehler.com

If you would like to check it out, you can go to smugmug.com to find out more. If you want to sign up for their service, you can save $5 with this coupon code: bRKnz4qoIznYc.

Re: Image Hosting: Smugmug

Postby tdew » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 am

I've been using smugmug since 2004 and have been extremely happy with them. In that time, they've come along way and added many extra features. I like knowing that there's one more place where my photos are stored.

Return to Photography