Protecting your work and looking more professional

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Re: Protecting your work and looking more professional

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:18 pm

On the subject of printable DVD's, here is a little tidbit I came up with a while ago that works very well. You know how more than 6 or 8 DVD's and all the free desk space is taken up letting them dry ?? Grab an empty cake box container (you know - the one with the spindle in the center) and stack your disks on there to dry -- BUT put a standard plastic hose washer (available at any hardware store in packs) between the disks to give them "breathing room". Works great and makes a much smaller stack :D
(if you have any spare washers that normally come in the cake box, they are fine, but usually people have thrown them away before they find out about this trick. Replacement hose washers work very well)

FWIW - I also love the TY watershield disks in my Epson printer. They come out very good !

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Protecting your work and looking more professional

Postby Ron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:27 pm

FWIW - I also love the TY watershield disks in my Epson printer. They come out very good !

Hey Mikey
I couldn't agree more - they seem to make the perfect marriage for me too!
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Previous

Return to Photography