MY NEW CAMERA !!!

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

MY NEW CAMERA !!!

Postby HunnyB » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm

My wonderful husband just gave me one of my Christmas presents early. Said he wanted me to use it on Christmas Day. :D

It is a Canon Rebel T1i EOS 500D with a fantastic lens,
PLUS another lens --- a EF 70-300mm.
WOW, WOW, WOW.
I am so blessed. Now I just hope I can figure this thing out!!!! :D :D :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Re: MY NEW CAMERA !!!

Postby Astra » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Hunny,

:D CONGRATULATION !!! :D

Alexandra

Postby PhotoBob » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 pm

HunnyB, on the front right side of your camera there is a little button that you push and in doing so you can remove a cover from the front of your camera. After removing that cover, there is a cap on the back of your lens that if you will turn it, you will be able to remove that as well. Now, place your lens into that opening in the front of your camera and turn it to the right it should lock your lens in. Now, if you will look on the right bottom rear of your camera you will find a little door, open that door and place a card in there. You are almost done now.... On the top of your camera there is a little on and off button, hit the on button. Now remove the cap from the front of your lens and look through that little glass on the back of your camera up at the top. After looking through that little opening and seeing the image that you wish to keep, there is a little round button on the top of the grip of your camera, push down on that button and you are done, you have your picture. If I can be of any more help, just ask... :) Now maybe I can stop laughing. HBunny, all in fun....Best of luck with your new camera.....
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Postby debngar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Congratulations Hunny. Nice you were able to get this before Christmas as you'll need some time to at least read the part in the manual that explains what button does what. :D

Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Debbie
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby nannybear » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Woohoo sis!!! Mine is still to come but I can wait til it gets here....have fun, love you lots and give everyone a hug for me!! Merry Christmas!! off to clean and plan the next two days!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby HunnyB » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:58 am

I literally stayed awake last night thinking of how I could return the camera.
I don't want to hurt my husband feelings - but I am not sure that I am worthy. :?
I actually stood at my back door and took a picture of my horse in the barn that I can't even
see with my own eyes. And the photo is crystal clear.
Might be a little toooooo fancy for little ole me. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:05 am

Hunny:

Enjoy the camera! Do yourself a favor, though. Don't set it on the green (full auto) setting and leave it there. Play with the other settings and you'll really start to get the most out of the camera.

Have fun!

Mike

Postby HunnyB » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:11 am

will do Mike.
I have a professional photographer friend that I hope will help me after Christmas.
Keeping this camera on AUTO will be a shame. :D
HunnyB

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Keeping this camera on AUTO will be a shame.

It sure would!

It is so much easier to experiment with settings now, no waiting for film to be developed. Shoot away, alter the settings, shoot again and get instant (free) view of what works and what doesn't.

If you decide you don't want it I know a very poor scotsman wanting a Christmas present :lol: :lol:
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby kabeeo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:52 am

Congrats. You are gonna love it. It's a lot like Producer. Easy to use with the basics. But so much better once you start easing into the more advanced features, which you can do at your own pace. Enjoy and feel free to ask. I now more about the camera than PSP (altho that isn't saying much!)
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby FL Views » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Check out Ken Rockwell's site for some suggestions on settings and lots of other information:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/rebel-t1i.htm

As others have said, have fun with it. Try all the different settings. Take photos of the same thing with the different settings then look at the results. Check the data on each photo to determine what you like and don't like. It is a blast learning to use a new camera and the possibilities are endless.

Enjoy....

Michael

Robert Barnett

Postby Robert Barnett » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Hey congratulations. Your going to have a blast with that.

Robert

Postby HunnyB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:34 am

I really had fun Christmas Day with my camera.
So far, the images are very, very good. I am still on "auto", but hope to experiement more this week.
Just too busy...... :D
HunnyB

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Hey, I see you have changed your avatar and are showing off the new camera (hope you don't shoot holding it like that though ... )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby HunnyB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:28 pm

LOL Mickey --- does it look dumb?????
HunnyB

Next

Return to Photography