MY NEW CAMERA !!!

Discuss photography techniques, equipment, etc. here.

Re: MY NEW CAMERA !!!

Postby sheldonk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am

Vernon,

As I understand it, you still need a bluray player to play bluray content burned to a normal DVD.

Their is alot of confusion about how this all works. That's because there are two kinds of discs and two kinds of formats. The disc types are DVD's and Bluray discs. The formats are standard and high def.

Either format can be written to either type of disc. However, only a bluray player can play discs written in either the standard or high def format. A DVD player can only play the standard format. BTW, the standard format I refer to is what we have been using alll along with DVD's.

The advantage to using bluray discs to burn high def content is that they hold about 5 times as much as a DVD disc. Since I have a bluray player, but I don't have a bluray burner, I use Mike's method to create hi-def "DVD's" that will only play on a bluray player.

Sheldon

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Sheldon,
Thanks for the additional clarification. I presumed she had a player, just not a burner. As you have clearly stated a player is definitely required. The nice thing is that they have come down significantly in price. Now if only that 62 inch television would drop from the $8,000 level....well a person can dream :)

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby HunnyB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:58 am

I do have a player ---- and not a burner.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Previous

Return to Photography